IGNORED

Ventolin EP appreciation thread

pera

:watmm:

Approximately 752,976,000 seconds had passed since this great album was released, yet I don't see many people talking about it around here... why is Ventolin such an underrated record? each single track is unique and amusing, pure genius! consider for instance The Coppice Mix:

Lol looked up the video on youtube and this comment was funny:

I love going into bowling allies full of people that have this track in their internet connected Jukebox. I usually select the song, and sit somewhere and wait. Sure enough after the last song ends, this song comes on and the reaction is priceless. Everyone starts plugging their ears, and start complaining about the track, or wonder if the jukebox is broken. A few times the bowling alley staff would come over and unplug the jukebox, or turn off the speakers.

I don't really get playing records at different speeds.  Those are classics though.

After I get bored of a track if I'm listening to it too much, I like to throw it in my DAW and pitch up or down 2 (and occasionally 3) semi-tones. It honestly makes the track feel new sometimes.

First Aphex Twin music I ever bought, picked it up the CD EP+Remixes version at Tower Records shortly after it was released. Had been reading about Aphex Twin in the tracker music / demo scene for a while and wanted to see what it was about, also thought the artwork was cool. I remember sprinkling tracks from this into mixtapes for friends at the time, always elicited questions, "Who made that?" Top notch release.

Love it. I think this may have been the first of his releases I got when it was new. I had On and the Artificial Intelligence comp, but I can’t remember if I had SAW2 yet. Whatever the case, I got the 12 track cd at tower (in the USA) and was shocked that it was considered an EP. I mean, fucking Appetite For Destruction has 12 tracks.

one of my diehard favourites, i remember seriously digging these when i first got into aphex. the wheeze, carharrack and probus mixes together make up one of those legendary runs of tracks - one of the best sequences on any release ever.

there was a debate in here not too long ago about the main mix, when someone didn't like the new collapse track. how did it go again? do we like salbutamol? i know i do.

anyway, richard at his best. so many crazy, experimental ideas with the simplest excuse to release them - always a good thing.

Archived