IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Unreleased Peverelist track from last week's MAH. I've been keeping an eye on this guy and he just keeps getting better, but this track blows everything before out of the water. This track is seriously so fucking good, it would be a crime to not release this soon.

Peverelist - Clunk Click Every Trip

Guest Synthacat 9

I've always been a fan of his stuff, never heard a tune from him I didn't like! This is just great~

nice track

i like the pitchshifting bippidy boopidy thing

Yeah, it just keeps flanging back and forth I think, makes for a cool beat. And god damn that synth is gorgeous.

nice track

i like the pitchshifting bippidy boopidy thing

And god damn that synth is gorgeous.

Word, kind of 80s in a way lol. I don't really like much dubstep but this track is ace, I think I dig this one in particular because of that synth.

Guest Soothsayer

I actually liked Villalobos's remix of Blood on my Hands. I like that he kept the melody in tact(which, other than the vocal, the other part he kept in tact, is my favorite part of the song).

South3rn's "Muslim Dub" has been huge for me this past week. Really lovin' the guitar on this track, a lot...

Guest nene multiple assgasms

how can you not like villalobos?

oh and shackleton - blood on my hands has one of the best bass lines of all time. it always sends shivers down my spine when it drops.

blood on my hands is possibly my fav dubstep track of all time, after hearing the burial and kode9 albums, it was what made me want to explore this genre more.

the way the bass is not totally in your face and kinda subtle, but will still give the best of systems a workout is kinda special

Guest Soothsayer

I'd have to disagree w/the bass on that track being subtle. That's one of the most headroom-jockeying basslines I can think of.

Guest Soothsayer

The Matty G remix to the track from "Rockers" on WAR004=HUGE, wow...almost called in to work this morning 'cause I was so amped to mix after hearing it.

edit: in fact, this track is so damn good, it beats out the flip to this record, which is Matty G's remix of a Linval Thompson track(not sure exactly which one). Linval Thompson is probably my favorite raggae singer.

Edited by Soothsayer

this thread has totally informed me about the inner machinations of dubstep! big cheers to kaini for the tracks. hey, anyone got martyn's "all i have is memories" and wants to upload? love that track on his myspace but can't find it anywhere. evertime i DL it from soulseek i get suburbia instead (great track itself.)

the last few things i've posted have been grimier, really

that martyn track is probably dubplate only (btw 'TRG - broken heart (martyn DCM remix)' is a fuckin track). check barefiles or gotdarker, maybe?

anyway, back to dubstep

goth trad - genesis

the drums on this track have been known to take people's heads off clean at the shoulder, whilst the bass causes them to spontaneously shit themselves and cum. on a sufficiently good system obviously.

this thread has totally informed me about the inner machinations of dubstep! big cheers to kaini for the tracks. hey, anyone got martyn's "all i have is memories" and wants to upload? love that track on his myspace but can't find it anywhere. evertime i DL it from soulseek i get suburbia instead (great track itself.)

Here's the entire 12". Suburbia is the B-side.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qjmd1n0tetr

Guest Hanratty

I've heard both Burial albums and also the new 2652 album. None of it really thrills me, although Burial has some decent moments. Should I assume that I just don't much like dubstep and ignore it in the future? or am i missing something.

p.s. - i think shackleton is ok

I've heard both Burial albums and also the new 2652 album. None of it really thrills me, although Burial has some decent moments. Should I assume that I just don't much like dubstep and ignore it in the future? or am i missing something.

Most dubstep doesn't really do anything for me either most of it is too generic and slow/boring, but I like Burial and Peverelist. You should check out the track six mentioned on the previous page, Peverelist - Clunk Click Every Trip. I don't know if that track is actually a prime example of Dubstep, but I don't really care, it's very good.

honestly i think you should give up, because imo those are 2 of the most interesting artists doing things within dubstep right now.

alot of people say Ital tek and Benga are in the same league, i personally dont find them super exciting but still decent.

for less generic and slow/boring check out FabricLive. 37

i have to beg to differ that this is less generic, while it is a well mixed great selection of dubstep its the pretty standard plodding predictable affair.