IGNORED

GAK

Velazquez

Grade A Cocaine ? I heard some knobby toothed british bitch - Lily Allen refer to Grade A coaine as Gak. Is this a common reference among brits.

Is this ep any good ? should I wish it were on bleep ?

Oh Snap! it's avaluable at bleep... I'm gonna buy it. Sorry.

Anyone ever heard the GAK reference before ?

slsk

I think I'm one of two people here who doesn't use SLSK ... probably pick up a few rephlex gems on there ...oh well

Anyone ever heard the GAK reference before ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gak

the gak ep is very old aphex, possibly some of his oldest released tracks.

like a lot of the old stuff, its a bit repetitive

edit:

From Diskogs:

"Retrieved from Warp Archives 1990"

"The backstory behind this is that RDJ sent it into Warp (before he was signed) under the name "GAK". After he was signed, they pulled it out of the archives and released it."

... so RDJ would have been about 18 or 19 when he did GAK.

Grade A Cocaine ? I heard some knobby toothed british bitch - Lily Allen refer to Grade A coaine as Gak. Is this a common reference among brits.

it is on bleep genius.

yeah i like this EP, there are only 4 tracks but 4 coolest tracks!! and they sound more aphex twin than afx/caustic window/polygon window/etc.

i forgot what's the track sounds jazzy, but one sounds as it, it's my favorite! ;-)

Guest nerojones

i've always heard that gak was the japanese word for meth. also, refer to the motion picture The Salton Sea with character-actor Val Kilmer.

What are the odds Lily Allen likes GAK (the album)-

from answer.com

"she listened to everything from T. Rex, the Specials, and the Slits to the Happy Mondays and drum'n'bass, and even ran away to see the Glastonbury Festival when she was 14....When asked by the NME how she would celebrate if her debut single, Smile, got to Number 1 in the UK charts, she responded "gak" (a slang term for cocaine). She immediately said that she was joking, but the "gak" remark was widely quoted in the tabloid press. "

i've always associated gak with nasty (good) sticky base whizz (amphetamine)

the gak ep is ace

also: Guitars Amps Keyboards

last time i was in GAK in brighton, i saw gary moore in there.. i was too techno to say hello though...

Guest burnibus

GAK is cocaine yes and its a reference i knew before i knew about the RDJ tracks, also known Beak, also known as ching / chang, etc etc......

The GAK ep is awesome only really heard it about a year or two ago and its quality techno

about half the crowd i hang around with does gak nowadays but i think it's just a phase. they were doing it last night. fucking guys.. oh wells.

gak is aight, it's not terrific but it is, for sure, a fun listen. gak gak gak gak. it's fun to say too. :)

Archived