IGNORED

Cylob - Trojan Fader Style

Guest Kenneth172

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

it's a solid release in my book, wish my CD burner worked so I could leave it on repeat in my car for a bit.

tell me theres no melody in this

I'm not denying that there isn't any melody, just that there isn't a particularly good melody. The synth itself sounds like miow-ing cats and everything else sounds about a decade old.

Guest Kenneth172

You contradicted yourself by saying there was no melody in it, now you've given back word and said "I'm not denying there isn't melody". Now you're saying it isn't particularly good melody. You just don't like it, fairy snuff, nobody is going to lose any sleep over that cos several thousand Cylob fans love his stuff, pretty inovative if you ask me, Cylob has a totally unique sound. I'd rather listen to his stuff any day than listen to all the mediocre drudge that's floating around these days that doesn't make a statement.

I used the term 'tuneless' rather than saying that it has no melody, I admit it was a rather ambigous adjective to use (I also admit the term amelodic was wrong, erm I think) but I was trying to refer to it having a particularly unpleasant and aimless melody - what's the correct adjective for that then?

But like you say music taste is all swings and roundabouts innit.

no problem if u dont like it of course but

there isn't a particularly good melody

sorry to be such a dick but good luck trying to define a good melody.

honestly i think its a strong release, worth trying again.

• 2 weeks later...
Sound fucking horrible, most annoying sounds I've yet to hear but arranged in a musical way, Rephlex was smart in ditching Cylob, the problem is he's still waving the braindance flag even Aphex Twin moved on.

er

Sound fucking horrible, most annoying sounds I've yet to hear but arranged in a musical way, Rephlex was smart in ditching Cylob, the problem is he's still waving the braindance flag even Aphex Twin moved on.

yeah id much rather hear 303 lathered shit music !!!!!!!

Guest AOOproductions

I wouldn't say they were smart in ditching him :unhappy: , he's still a household electronic music name. It was just time for him to move on... And by the way have you ever heard of Analord 10!!! and The Tuss!!! I don't think he's MOVED ON from braindance. Bite your tounge sir! :tongue2:

Archived