IGNORED

Freeman Hardy & Willis Acid

qnio

the first time i heard it i felt a little dissapointed; i expected a lot more, knowing what these two are capable of. i think it's a decent track anyway.

what do you think about it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest burnibus

he's right though its an amazing tune one of the best either of them have done (in a long list of bests really). proper BO i tell thee.

Guest Kenneth172
this track is awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome

it's shit

no Kenneth172 is shit

chill mate, that's just my opinion, no need for twattish reply.

it's shit

no Kenneth172 is shit

ok but don't say Freeman Hardy & Willis Acid is shit, tell me u don't like this track, 'cause this track is not shit! it's awesome & u don't know how 2 listen this! :tongue:

Guest Kenneth172

it's shit

no Kenneth172 is shit

ok but don't say Freeman Hardy & Willis Acid is shit, tell me u don't like this track, 'cause this track is not shit! it's awesome & u don't know how 2 listen this! :tongue:

Sorry for the blunt response. Condsidering the two great minds at work on this track I just can't help but feel the effort could have been better. I can't pinpoint it I'm afraid. It sounded good when RDJ spun the record at The Orbit in Morley shortly after the record was published. I think the percussion sounds seem too default. The track sounds like one person made it and compared to Squarepushers later work its far less unaccomplished. Just my opinion!

Guest Drahken

Yes, shoe store!

"Freeman, Hardy and Willis was a major chain of footwear retailers in the United Kingdom.

The shoe retailer was established in 1875 and was named after three employees of the company. For many years, there was a branch in nearly every town in the United Kingdom. The company was subsequently acquired by Charles Clore in his British Shoe Corporation empire based in Leicester, which also comprised Trueform, Olympus Sport, Curtess, Dolcis, Manfield, Saxone and Lilley & Skinner.

In the early 1990s, British Shoe, by then part of the Sears Group, converted approximately half of the 540 Freeman Hardy Willis branches into Hush Puppies shops and sold the remainder to Stephen Hinchliffe, an entrepreneur from Sheffield. Unfortunately, after only a year, Hinchliffe's business empire collapsed. He was subsequently jailed after it was found that he bribed bank officials to obtain loans to buy the company.[1] After providing "Shoes For All The Family" since 1875, Freeman, Hardy and Willis was no more by 1996."

Guest Kenneth172

Shit shoes. I never rated them. Me mam always dragged me to Freeman, Hardon & Willis for school shoes. Bad memories.

Guest AOOproductions

I think it's pretty good. One of AFX and squarepushers most chill beats :shade: . It's definitely nothing amazing though.

It's ace when it really kicks off.

haha yeah, i guess they were like "hmm, it's getting too monotonous... let's fuck it up a bit at the end so people don't throw shit at us"

Guest Kenneth172

Mark Bell's Salute To People Who Say Fuck You hits the spot on that compilation. Frankly pisses on the Laurel 'n Hardy Willis effort. Again, just my opinion. Aigggght!

Guest mushroom

who the fuck let mira calix's track on that? good god that was horrible

the track on topic is an "ace tune"...uh..."mate."

Guest Kenneth172

Mira Calix? Wasn't she a PR woman who basically slept with the Warp bosses to get a record deal?

We are reasonable peephole

Archived