IGNORED

personal stereo stuff on bleep

Guest mrgypsum

Guest mrgypsum

more on the throbbing pouch release versus the CD that had been out

also the plug stuff.

the reason i am asking is that i only bought all of the stuff that i didnt have, pretty much all of the 12'' or vinyl only stuff.

Edited by mrgypsum

Guest mrgypsum
yeah, i think the stuff on bleep sounds way way better. but i only have the nothing records version of dnb 4 Joyrex, so that might suck to begin with.

i also only have this release, i am wondering if i should just bite the bullet and get the flacs

yeah, i think the stuff on bleep sounds way way better. but i only have the nothing records version of dnb 4 Joyrex, so that might suck to begin with.

i also only have this release, i am wondering if i should just bite the bullet and get the flacs

not really nessisary, although some would say otherwise. Bleep's mp3's are of extremely high quality.

i got the flacs of "compilation trax for which i was never paid" and they sound excellent. the songs themselves are a bit hit & miss, but i'm glad i got it.

if i had disposable income i would definitely refresh my dnb4papa and other stuff, but alas. also lols @ "dnb 4 Joyrex"

Edited by Ascdi

Guest mrgypsum

maybe when I get the cash I will get the all of the flac stuff, I really dont buy mp3, only when it is the last option. I dont know if there is a quality difference, but I really like having the lossless release - its just as good as having the actual cd/record. I have the plug, DNB for Joyrex double disc from Nothing and also the throbbing pouch, both on CD but as Luke himself implies in this Warp blerb "Unhappy with the sound quality on most of the original CD releases, for the Bleep reissues Luke went through his own DAT archive and remastered all the tracks."

just wondering if there is a noticable quality difference between the CDs and the flac from his DAT archive. The real question is is Luke's unhappiness with how they sound justified??

The real question is is Luke's unhappiness with how they sound justified??

Yeah, that's a reasonable question as most artists seem to be their own hardest critic. Which makes me wonder what Mike P. think's about his latest...

Edited by sneaksta303

Guest mrgypsum
he thinks it is shite.

which it is.

guys done nothing of note since tango/ekt.

well, i dont think so - i am really liking his new planet mu release, you should check it out.

he thinks it is shite.

which it is.

guys done nothing of note since tango/ekt.

well, i dont think so - i am really liking his new planet mu release, you should check it out.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing mrgypsum. Me and logan were talkin 'bout Duntisbourne Abbots whatever, not Luke V.

• 13 years later...

just seeing here and now on bleep, that a lot of the old viberts' got the remaster treatment.  are these worth getting? I have the original cds...