IGNORED

What cheap synth should I get next

Josso

So basically this is the deal, last time I pretty much got a bit more cash then got a Microkorg. I'm getting an SH-101 as a present now instead of having to buy it so I have this spare cash. I think I might randomly look around Vintage Synth Explorer and Ebay but what do you think is the best idea. I liked the sound of the Yamaha CSX2, no idea if it's complete bullshit but I loved the strings sound it had on it... looked on Ebay and it seemed within the price range.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmmm, well SH-101's a good bet. I dunno, you can't atually find that much for £200 on eBay - all the half decent synths i've ever bid on around that much always go for more (usually about £300). I'm fucking fed up of EBay anyway - I JUST WANNA BUY THE FUCKING THING!! sooooo cannot be arsed with all that bidding nonsense.

i need some cash for you can buy my cs1x if you want. the classic 'big blue'. im hoping that itll end up being worth quite a bit in 10 years when everyone starts ironically loveing cheesey 90's eurodance music and want the 'original dance synth'.

Do you think Alpha Juno is within my budget? I have no idea how expensive they are

I just got one for $125 USD, but in the states. According to UK eBay's completed auctions they look well within your budget, around £100.

orly

I saw one for around £100 but there was 4 days left or something. I really would like that, it's got a really great classic sound imho.

Regarding Nord Modular it doesn't look like my kind of thing, and I really would prefer to get something from the 80s

roland jx3p

yamaha dx7

siel cruise

elka sk22

korg poly800 with slayermod

akai ax73

korg dss1

all great underrated synths (except for the dx7 which isn't underrated)

o wait i thought you said 100 pounds...

for 200... get a microwave 1, or a matrix1000.. if you want keys, maybe a juno60 (don't bother with the alpha)

Guest Adjective

here's a thought!

if you're already getting a synth for free, why not spend the money on something else?

maybe a midi controller or drum machine

or used piano

there are really only two options:

get something like pre-1985 that has analog circuitry and probably doesn't have midi (except for a few i can think of that are out of the price range)

or get a Nord Modular

edit:

option 3: sell the microkorg to get a nord G2, the sh-101 is probably all the 80's you need

Archived