IGNORED

Drum Machines

Guest tbio2007

Guest goodwillsidis

if you're looking for something with more kit variety than a X0X or X0X clone, on ebay, r-8s are pretty fuckin cheap. if you're patient, they're not too hard too use, but they involve a fair bit of concentration.

slightly lower on the totem pole is the ry-30, which i think is fun as hell to program.. it's almost like a toy, in a good way the sound quality isn't the sharpest, but it does have 4 outs and a lot of parameters to edit per sound.

tr-606

it sounds decent and a baby could figure out how to use it

i dont think a baby could use the recall bar buttons for quick acess to track writing.

the 707 is the easiest drummachine to track write with, the 606 is like the 303 and can get really complucated with a track more then 60 bars long. (also the 707 can chain 16 patches together were as the 606 can only chain 4)

but tjen the 606 does have the added switch between track play and write while it's still playing which is great, especailyl if you got somting being triggered by the H/L toms

as for Roland R-8 Im getting One (R-8mrk1) Next Week. with 909 and 808 cards . lushious.

Guest goodwillsidis
as for Roland R-8 Im getting One (R-8mrk1) Next Week. with 909 and 808 cards . lushious.

That's what I had-- although only the 808 card, did that 909 card run you an arm+leg?

i use 707, 606 & R8 mk1 (with 808 & 909 cards), and a tr 909 i'm borrowing from my friend. it's not fully functional though :/

and i just bought a 727. STAIRCHIME cant resist it!

i recommend the 707. loveable samples, fun to program, has nice soft buttons for your fingery pleasure. also doesn't cost you an arm

DR-660 + any sampler (how much is an S2000 these days?). The sequencer is pretty tight and offers much higher resolution than most. As I recall, there are only 24 velocity levels, which is kind of silly.. But even still it allows for much more nuanced programming than most other drum machines.

Guest Vegeta897

My first drum machine was the ER1 mkii. $200. Digitally synthesized percussion. Simple 16 step sequencing, yet with lots more option available when you want to get tricky.

I also have an ES1 mkii which is a sampler drum machine. $280 Again, very simple operation.

HR-16

aMEN TO THAT

+hr-16b

fatty fatty sounds

amen again.

you can avoid the b though, cos the sounds are shit industrial eighties shit.

the hr16 is awesome though.

crunchy and infinitely programmeable.

the korg electribe series is always good to start with. you can get an EM1/ER1 for under a $100 nowadays or get the ESX1 ($300 or so) which i love to bits :)

The Korg Electribe ESX is an amazing sampler as well as drum machine. It's just an all around powerhouse piece of gear.

Archived