IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

I agree. The songs should be electronica classix, not just electronic music classix. Everything from Wendy Carlos up to the big 5.

Maybe the winner can pick the next month's track???

Guest hahathhat

should be decided by anonymous vote or by external, qualified judge(s) who has no idea who anyone on this board is

prize should be cred

i kinda disagree with remixing already idm classixxx. wouldn't it be better if we tried our attentions on 80's 70's 60's 50's POP ?

I was actually thinking about this... yesssss.... I think there are great songs out there that would be fantastic to hear reinterpreted.

was this inspired by another post, i wonder?...? ;)

i am for anonymity but against cash prize.

jr, if you want any help with this let me know, i'd be happy to code for the cause.

So we do it just for fun? I didn't want the motivation to be the cash, but rather a nice way to reward the winner. I'll PM you, as coding help would be greatly appreciated.

i don't like remixing using the whole original track as the source. that's not really even remixing.

remixes are done using either mix tracks from a track and/or loops/sections and/or individual sounds.

which probably don't even exist for most electronic music classix, even if you could obtain them.

be creative. wisp didnt have any trouble remixing SAW II

also, no cash, something else. and i like the idea of winner picking the next track

when it's done in sections and loops then you run the risk of having loads of entries that are in essence just rearrangements of the song with a new beat hear, extra synth ditty there. but when you have a whole 3-4 mins of mastered song it's alot more interesting, both in terms of the production and the results that people come up with - theres a greater fingerprint of the remixer on it, its destructive creativity!

i need to plop

Me too. However, I just have a couple of thoughts.

Should there be a limit to the amount of people who can participate? I think that maybe people wouldn't have the time to listen to say forty entires.

Maybe the prise could be something like the contributions you pay to upgrade your privilages or something like that?

Guest blicero
Should there be a limit to the amount of people who can participate?

nah. but i think we should limit to 1 submission per person. maybe a length max?

the real challenge will be keeping it anonymous.

maybe there are no titles, just a random id, until the voting is over.

otherwise, people will be in EKT pimping their track.

also, we shouldn't reveal any score info until after the deadline. otherwise people will be tempted to only listen to things that already have ratings, or high ratings.

Guest Coalbucket PI

id be interested to try but remixing from a fully mixed track isnt really something I'm good at, it would depend on the track.

and a problem with letting the winner chose the next one is he gets an advantage and could go on winning for ever

It would be awesome if we could start on the 1st of november... buuuuuuuuut, seeing how things usually turn out on WATMM I don't see it happening before... 2012? Oh wait, the world would have ended by then. God bless that maya civilization

Guest analogue wings

If it hasn't happened by November 2 my time (GMT + 13), I'm just going to name a random track and we can all just get into it while the coolperson clique irons out the rules.

Archived