IGNORED

manitoba/caribou

playbynumbers

i realize i'm like seven years late here, but wtf, this guy is incredible ... i heard 'up in flames' once four years ago and thought it was boring, but no

the comparison only became obvious to me in hindsight, but he's really very BoC-ish, in a completely non-copying way; especially the last two albums, they sound like kevin shields and brian wilson producing a BoC album in 2021, or something

just saw Caribou live and it made me not want to listen to Andorra ever again.........

BORING!

everything sounded just like the tracks on the albums but not as good because he does a great job in the recording studio, so good in fact that he could not translate it to the stage.......

and he (they) played for like 30 minutes.........

Man I love Manitoba/Caribou

The only live I heard he never played Hendrix With Ko, so I was a little bummed, hopefully I'l catch him next time hes around Boston

if you look on youtube for live videos, you can clearly see that Caribou sucks live. which is a shame, because yes, the studio recordings are fantastic.

I quite like his newer stuff, but Start Breaking My Heart remains the favorite! The bonus disc on the re-release is a nice treat too (particularly T&A: The Great Canadian Weekend).
those are axtually old tunes on that bonus disc.

saw snaith and his 2 compadres live in Glasgow's Mono about 2 yrs ago. Was amazing. Exceptional. Went out an bought Milk of Human Kindness as a result. Love it. Then got promo of Andorra - utter tripe. Real garbage.

Up In Flames was great too. Crayon is my fone ringtone...

I quite like his newer stuff, but Start Breaking My Heart remains the favorite! The bonus disc on the re-release is a nice treat too (particularly T&A: The Great Canadian Weekend).
those are axtually old tunes on that bonus disc.

3301603.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest beatfanatic
i own the original pressing of up in flames that has MANITOBA on it, not like the new ones that say Caribou

Up In Flames is fucking awesome btw.

Andorra is pretty damn good too and the milk of human kindness has some great tracks too . I still regret not going to his live show when he came to Edmonton. The fact that he has two drummers would have just been enough for me to go. I hadnt listened to Andorra when he was touring. I am happy he won the Polaris prize($20,000) , he deserves it

I heard The Milk of Human Kindness and thought it was ok, 3 or 4 awesome tracks and a whole lot of boring ones.

Up in Flames on the other hand, is excellent! Very nice album! Crayon and Jacknuggeted are two of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Archived