IGNORED

Autechre Live

Salvatorin

So, at live Autechre concerts, do they basically make up tracks on the spot? Its seems like most of the Autechre live recordings contain no tracks from their albums. I guess I just need to get some things cleared up about their methods of live performance.

So what do they do at concerts?

This track was in the Pontin's Park recording, I liked it:

lol. As much as I love AE live sets, they just press play and twiddle some knobs

I don't get it though, it seems like some of the concert recrodings are composed entirely of music not on any albums...?

In the case of Untilted's production, it seems they developed the live approach first, then had to narrow it down into album ready tracks. As for the live approach itself, it worked real nice on the Untilted tour, making one continuous composition of sorts. This example seems like ok filler, but not a fully realized track per se.

I'm guessing banks of banks that relate to other banks of banks in terms of the hardware they are using.

lol. As much as I love AE live sets, they just press play and twiddle some knobs

I don't get it though, it seems like some of the concert recrodings are composed entirely of music not on any albums...?

thats it. Well, usually they incorporate some music from albums into their sets, but there are different types of ae sets. Like the one in Coachella seems to be a remix set where they are Djing their own tracks and various unreleased tracks. In the case of live at Flex in 96 and the live set for the past three years, they composed a completely new set on their gear incorporating parts of recognizable songs into the set. 96 they played Eutow, now they play LCC, Augmatic Disport, bits of pro radii. But mostly, they are extended jams composed in the fashion for a more dance able experience. In the case of the Confield tour, it seems like there is sort of three generative pieces with a lot of improv, but I could be wrong since I don't understand Max as well as I do the monomachine and machinedrum.

• 1 month later...
Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum

Hmmmm, you say this like it's a bad thing.

Hmmmm, you say this like it's a bad thing.

not at all, it's just that the first post made it sound like the entire track was created on the spot. I don't even think they remix the samples live, since the Machinedrum/monomachine song sequencer is pretty good. I think it is more that they have a pretty strong base setting, the press play, tweak effects, and add some bits quickly in real time. But is not as if they are actually composing the entire track live.

Archived