IGNORED

Der Zyklus - Cherenkov Radiation

Guest mrx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it's two months since it was announced on the clone website. there's no set date or anything. unleash it already!

quasar and roche limit (v3) appear in "his" 2006 arpanet paris live peformance. so many amazing tracks from that live set. 3 of the best are still unreleased:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=njiVGR76aFo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JGN3HFn_hXM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ymTX1NSrxKg

• 2 months later...
i just can't get into donald's stuff, be it arpanet, der zyklus or dopplereffekt. drexciya i sorta can dig, but not the rest. i just ain't feeling it.

Once he made the move to Reaktor his sound and style certainly became much more harsher.

Guest moo duck
Once he made the move to Reaktor his sound and style certainly became much more harsher.

please tell more

Well when he was in Detroit he used to use Anthony "Shake" Shakir studio and gear, lot's of tracks were mastered there, Gerald even credits him in various productions, after his move to Germany he changed his approach to music completely, he probably got tired of the old "electro template".

He also uses a Korg Triton if gear is your thing.

Guest moo duck

thank you very much vasio, i just didn't thought he works reaktor.

azatoth, you could once just try to literally read dictionary descriptions about things Gerald naming tracks (\albums) by, while listening or before that. or maybe some more detailed info if you know what is EPR Effect and so on. its fun

Guest moo duck

yeah, calabi-yau a bit large one imagery.. not like cherenkov radiation.

you know, drug-users really scared of his stuff! like "oh mirror symmetry, shit, i cant do this, its really scary" haha.

The arpeggiated note panning stuff he does sounds really close to what you can do in some of the default ensembles which gives more credibility to the source (I've read that on Drexciya Research Lab), Absynth wouldn't be too far off either for the other elements. He seems to be shifting style again, which is hopeful in the sense that his recent output was getting stale and formulaic specially with the overuse of choir and the harsh snares.

Guest moo duck

thank you again, its really interesting because i find his style, say, charismatic while being simple and repeated. shift here is an important thing. i'll try to see what he had done in reaktor.

Archived