IGNORED

Msn notification sound in Fingerbib (Melodies From Mars)

Guest Babar

Guest organizedconfusedproject

When listening to Fingerbib (demo), the version from Melodies From Mars, i noticed some sounds, souding like the well-know msn notification sound.

From 1:36, these sounds could be hear many times. It's arround 1:36, 1:46, 2:15, they are the best distinguishable.

So i decided to put the msn sound over a sample of this sound in Fingerbib. Here is the result.

Fingerbib__demo____msn_notification.flac

jb-amazed.jpg

Is this a joke ?

Frst time i noticed it, i believed it was in my head. That's pretty well done. I thought my MSNism was over the board, and that i was hallucinating. Was he purpse of Richard to have a laugh with this little joke, or did he record fingerbig with a mic in a room with msn yelling ? It could be just a coincidence. I don't know.

What about Fingerbib, RDJAlbum version ? I don't keep it on hand right now, so i can't check. in

Oh and my version of Melodies from Mars is on Flacs.

Guest Synthacat 9

haha definitely never thought of it like that

seems like a stretch idk

where(or why) did you get .flac melodies from mars, all the files i've ever found weren't really that good sounding to begin with so I didn't think there were any real high quality copies out there?

Guest organizedconfusedproject
haha definitely never thought of it like that

seems like a stretch idk

where(or why) did you get .flac melodies from mars, all the files i've ever found weren't really that good sounding to begin with so I didn't think there were any real high quality copies out there?

On the mule i guess. I tried to post them on Mo0, but those fuckers won't just because it was tape based sound. They sucked for that. Though thoses flacs are no transcode. PM me if you want them

dude thats the most insane theory I have ever heard about an aphex sample

EDIT: but does anybody hear that cellphone interference in that one drukqs track?

Theres something that sounds a little like it in 54 Cymru Beats, if thats what youre referring to?

Back in my school days, when I was both listening to Downward Spiral a lot and using ICQ all the time, I always thought I heard the ICQ "uh-oh" somewhere in "Mr. Self Destruct," although I'm sure my ears were just pre-conditioned to pick it out.. Kinda like seeing faces in woodgrain, etc.

Guest Enter a new display name

There is the MSN notification in Burial's Untrue, at the beginning of "Near Dark", I think... I don't know if I'm the only person who heard that.

Guest margaret thatcher

maybe joyrex recorded it from his tape deck using the line-in on his pc and recorded it into an audio editor recording the "stereo mix", including the msn that he had in the background. maybe.

Guest HokusPoker
maybe joyrex recorded it from his tape deck using the line-in on his pc and recorded it into an audio editor recording the "stereo mix", including the msn that he had in the background. maybe.

And maybe, he's got THE TIME MACHINE. :alien:

Guest Speedplay
Back in my school days, when I was both listening to Downward Spiral a lot and using ICQ all the time, I always thought I heard the ICQ "uh-oh" somewhere in "Mr. Self Destruct," although I'm sure my ears were just pre-conditioned to pick it out.. Kinda like seeing faces in woodgrain, etc.

ya not alone innit m8

Guest Vegeta897

I also sometimes hear this out-of-place 4 on the floor kick beat in some of my songs. But then I realise it's just my giant throbbing cock.

Guest Barricade
There is the MSN notification in Burial's Untrue, at the beginning of "Near Dark", I think... I don't know if I'm the only person who heard that.

nope i don't hear it, just metal clings and clangs... (FUCKING BRILLIANT ALBUM BTW!!!)

Guest Enter a new display name

nope i don't hear it, just metal clings and clangs... (FUCKING BRILLIANT ALBUM BTW!!!)

A bit after 0:20... This is not an MSN notification sound, pardon my confusion. This is a Windows alert sound.

• 1 month later...

I have heard that sound a few times in audiobooks I've downloaded.

What you have, sir, is a file someone recorded from another source onto their PC,

disrupted briefly by the Windows alert sound.

I doubt the sound is in the original recording from RDJ.

Archived