IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

Guest Soothsayer

The legend goes that Children of Paradise is shown in some theater in Paris daily, and has been since its release...such a classic.

edit: watmm....watch Peter Watkins movies

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
assassination of jesse james was a really, really good movie

That's funny I would have thought you'd have hated it. It definitely had a Malick-y feel to it and I thought you hated Malick.

Guest zaphod
assassination of jesse james was a really, really good movie

That's funny I would have thought you'd have hated it. It definitely had a Malick-y feel to it and I thought you hated Malick.

? wtf

i love malick. i didn't care for the new world....but otherwise, my favorite director. also it didn't really remind me of him.

the diving bell and the butterfly

the conversation

the cook the thief his wife and her lover

The Diving Bell and the Butter Fly is amazing. I was really touched by it.

Guest Adjective

Squee have you seen The Conversation though?

aren't you into field recording? it's very much related to that, except the main character is doing more elaborate stealth recordings

Guest The Vidiot
the ninth configuration

STACY MOTHERFUCKING KEACH BICHTES

KEECH

Bought this recently. It's amazing, except for the fact that the bar fight scene completely undermines the whole film.

aren't you into field recording? it's very much related to that, except the main character is doing more elaborate stealth recordings

Seriously amazing film. If it wasn't for one or two scenes, it might even rank up with the Godfather I think.

But I still say Apocalypse Now (original, not the vastly inferior Redux) is his best film.

Guest maoam

i finally got your old avatar:)

Guest Adjective

Seriously amazing film. If it wasn't for one or two scenes, it might even rank up with the Godfather I think.

But I still say Apocalypse Now (original, not the vastly inferior Redux) is his best film.

The Conversation is his "most comfortable to watch" for me

but i'm with you on Apocalypse Now being his best, original cut.

It's very strange how much the movie changes by just allowing Willard to laugh.

maybe i'm mistaken, but i don't remember him even smiling in the original cut.

Though I'm very glad that Redux exists, even just to know what was cut out

i finally got your old avatar:)

word. i miss it sometimes. John Cazale was great

the ninth configuration

STACY MOTHERFUCKING KEACH BICHTES

KEECH

Bought this recently. It's amazing, except for the fact that the bar fight scene completely undermines the whole film.

yes

yes it does

:(

Haven't seen it, but I will! Most definitely!

It's very strange how much the movie changes by just allowing Willard to laugh.

10000% agree. I remember seeing Willard laugh and being like wtf is this? And then the playboy scene and the plantation scene *cringe*. I'll probably never watch that version of the movie again. It was so upsetting because the original is one of my top ten favorite movies.

2nd on Apocalypto.

Guest Z_B_Z

"white of the eye"

photo.jpg

"angst"

Angst1.jpg

two extremely underrated films. angst was a huge influence on gaspar noe, the director of "irreversible". also has a great score by one of the dudes from tangerine dream.

Guest RhzRonya
Shane Meadows' stuff.

Dead Man's Shoes (really depressing lol)

This Is England

Shane Meadows is one of my fav british directors. He's quite a character. When he was young he wanted to become a infamous, criminal mastermind but when he got caught trying to steal a breast pump from Boots the chemist he undestood that he just wasnt cut out for the hardened criminal underworld and lucky for us he put his breast pump pilfering days behind him and began to put his energy into film-making. Some as disturbing gritty low budget films as his

Gary Oldman's Nil by Mouth,

Ken Loaches and Mike Leighs stuff

The War Zone by Tim Roth- slow and depressing, not for everyone.

From London to Brighton etc

Pixote - remarkable brazilian film about street children where the leading character is played by an actual young street criminal who after completing the the film took up the criminal life again.

Few brilliant films i did't see mentioned here that everyone over fifteen should see

Goodfellas

Natural Born Killers

Bonnie&Clyde

Los Olvidados (The Forgotten Ones) by Bunuel

Guest zaphod

they were showing "this is england" as the in flight movie on the way to london, lol. it was very good, maybe too bleak, but very good

Guest atropa
The legend goes that Children of Paradise is shown in some theater in Paris daily, and has been since its release...such a classic.

edit: watmm....watch Peter Watkins movies

excellent film, watched carné and prévert's port of shadows and the devil's envoy the other day.. compelling atomsphere, jean gabin. looking forward to funny drama or strange adventures of doctor molyneaux

• 2 months later...
"my blueberry nights" - should i go to the cinema to see this?

well... had to figure it out myself. don't bother. boring, overdirected, pointless, worthless.

Archived