IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
Guest Gary C

I thought it was a bit boring too. The cast is great, although something about Tom Hardy didn't work for me (too many muscles or silly wig).

It's supposed to be a bit boring, I guess, because it's an old-school realistic spy-game thriller but it was still meh.

I hate it when people describe movies they didn't like as 'boring' because it's a lazy description, but this movie really was boring.

really depends on what you expect. I actually liked this as it makes the movie so much different from the typical james bond / mission impossible genre stuff that tries everything to be not boring while it often is

I hate it when people describe movies they didn't like as 'boring' because it's a lazy description, but this movie really was boring.

really depends on what you expect. I actually liked this as it makes the movie so much different from the typical james bond / mission impossible genre stuff that tries everything to be not boring while it often is

I was actually expecting it to be a bit boring because I like movies that don't walk through fire and ice to prove themselves but this was a snore fest beyond belief. Also, so many names! Why were there so many names? And who is this? Where am I?

I was actually expecting it to be a bit boring because I like movies that don't walk through fire and ice to prove themselves but this was a snore fest beyond belief. Also, so many names! Why were there so many names? And who is this? Where am I?

for me the slow storytelling made it more authentic but it boils down to taste at the end.

I am really into classic storytelling. Like if you watch alien 1 today you would be surprised how slow the cuts are to todays standarts and I had the feeling they where trying to go for this as it could have been produced 10 years ago and nobody would see a big difference.

On the other hand you are right I felt a bit bored in the second half too and I wished for a more spectacular ending

Guest Gary C
Why were there so many names? And who is this? Where am I?

If you're trying to say that there seemed to be too many characters introduced too quickly and with no clear definitions, then I agree.

At times I had no idea who they talking about/to because all their names were so similar or I hadn't fully taken it in their first scene.

for me the slow storytelling made it more authentic but it boils down to taste at the end. I am really into classic storytelling. Like if you watch alien 1 today you would be surprised how slow the cuts are to todays standarts and I had the feeling they where trying to go for this as it could have been produced 10 years ago and nobody would see a big difference.

True. I love Alien. But Sminky Binky Boppity Boop truly was boring.

Why were there so many names? And who is this? Where am I?

If you're trying to say that there seemed to be too many characters introduced too quickly and with no clear definitions, then I agree.

At times I had no idea who they talking about/to because all their names were so similar or I hadn't fully taken it in their first scene.

Precisely.

i like subtle, slow film and flashy as well but sounds as if this has gone further into empty? limp? monotonous territory? the story drags? is this going to be wasted time? what inspiration is there to glean from the film?

Guest Gary C

A good cast of British actors that spans a few generations. Some gloomy 70s London imagery. Genuine thriller-intrigue.

As far as I remember there was only really three really intense and gripping scenes (intro, Oldman in the hideout and Firth's resolution).

I might watch it again if it's on TV, but I'm not going to choose to watch it again.

A good cast of British actors that spans a few generations. Some gloomy 70s London imagery. Genuine thriller-intrigue.

As far as I remember there was only really three really intense and gripping scenes (intro, Oldman in the hideout and Firth's resolution).

I might watch it again if it's on TV, but I'm not going to choose to watch it again.

yeah its oldskool thriller stuff if you want to nail it to something.

i like subtle, slow film and flashy as well but sounds as if this has gone further into empty? limp? monotonous territory? the story drags? is this going to be wasted time? what inspiration is there to glean from the film?

If you like the trailer you will like it.

El Bulli: Cooking in Progress

Filmed over the course of one year, this appetizing documentary about the creation of Michelin-rated three-star cuisine shadows world-renowned chef Ferran Adrià as he plans and perfects a new menu from the privacy of his Barcelona cooking lab.

Archived