IGNORED

movies. good ones. seriously.

kokoon

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the "director's cut" of the Butterfly effect was better than the normal version.

Definitely, but it's still a rather poor movie.

I saw Notes on a Scandal the other day and I really liked it.

*stamp!*

[RECOMMENDED]

• 2 months later...
Guest Drahken

Wife has been out of town all week so I ran through this list and scooped up a few movies to watch.

Primer - Pretty fucking cool movie, little hard to follow at first but definitely a good flick. I like most of Th!nk films though.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vega Criterion - Finally got around to getting this. Seen the movie a million times but this was the first time I've seen the Omnibus BBC episode with Hunter and Ralph Steadman. I've been reading his books alot lately, most recently Kingdom of Fear and Hey Rube. God damn I miss the man, his writing is dare I say soothing.

The Libertine - Another Depp flick. Really liked this one as well, pure debauchery and the play with all the dildos is fucking hilarious.

Vertigo - This one has been on my list of movies to see for years but I always forget about it. Finally glad I got around to seeing it, probably the best Hitchcock movie I've seen.

Also, even though I already own it, I wanted to second the previous recommendation of Roman Polanski's The Tenant. Such a fucked up but intriguing movie. I'm sure this movie provided at least partial inspiration for Ed Hollywood, which I didn't much care for. I got this as a gift, probably because it was in one of those .99 cent dvd bins at a gas station.

Tried to find Holy Mountain but nobody around here sells or rents it! Guess I'll have to get this one off amazon.

I also still have darjeeling unlimited to watch...Anyone know if this is any good?

/Thread Necromancy

Viridiana

Dekalog

"p.s. i think i'm the only watmm'r that hated The Holy Mountain"

i wasn't crazy about that film either

Guest zaphod
p.s. i think i'm the only watmm'r that hated The Holy Mountain

does falling asleep count as hating?

the king of kong. adjective recommended this and i picked it up. electronic music movie.

Guest tv_party

yah king of kong was lol. those are some real nerds. mitchell is comical.

Just watched irreversible because of this thread and I have to say it's also top notch.

Guest Basi Goreng

Noiseman Sound Insect

It's an animated short from the people that did Mindgame and Catsoup.

Visually very impressive and with a nice score.

Another great animation which I haven't seen mentioned here on watmm:

The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb

Feature length with stop motion and pixilation.

Unique surreal film.

Vertigo - This one has been on my list of movies to see for years but I always forget about it. Finally glad I got around to seeing it, probably the best Hitchcock movie I've seen.

watch it again :beer:

watch it again :beer:

best movie ever, keeps haunting me

stroszek (or any other film by werner herzog. I just recently watched "land of silence and darkness" and it is among his best". also, check out "the great ecstasy of woodcarver steiner")

top secret!

the beaver trilogy

the texas chainsaw massacre (original 1974)

lawrence of arabia

eyes without a face

carnival of souls

memories of underdevelopment

happiness

sorry. I'm distracted right now. I'll think of more.

i got real emotionally involved in king of king.

me too

also, adj i didnt like holy mountain much either

btw...

I'm with you guys.

Guest The Worm

Since I've started keeping track a few weeks ago, including this spring break in which I pretty much watched 4-5 movies every night:

No Country For Old Men - One of my favorite films ever, I may have to do a thread analyzing this

The Machinist - likewise

The Outlaw Josey Wales

The Star Chamber (ok, this one was shit)

The Hunger

Blue

Red

In the Valley of Elah

9 1/2 Weeks

The Brave One

Fallen

The 300

Amadeus

Suture

Blade: Trinity

Borat

The Departed

Three Iron

Sleepy Hollow

The 3 Marias

We Own the Night

Wages Of Fear

Vacancy

The Fog - NOT 'The Fog' The Fog, some weird Bollywood thing

Angel-A (Luc besson)

The Nines

Torment

Citizen Kane

Rocky Balboa

Destination: Moon

Gormenghast Miniseries

Revolver

Southland Tales

Awake

Slipstream

The Darjeeling Limited

Guest dildo

all you can get about Fellini - he's a master,one of the greatest,if not THE greatest.

as well as Antonioni,"Blow out" is his best one.

Antonioni,with Soderbergh and Wong Kar Wai,directed "Eros". you can't miss this one

all you can get about Peter Greenaway

the infamous "Tetsuo" from Shinya Tsukamoto. i suggest you all his filmography as well.

all you can get about Takeshi Kitano,but if you suck for Tarantino,well,give a go to Kinji Fukasaku's "Battle Royale"

all you can get about Fellini - he's a master,one of the greatest,if not THE greatest.

as well as Antonioni,"Blow up" is his best one.

Antonioni,with Soderbergh and Wong Kar Wai,directed "Eros". you can't miss this one

all you can get about Peter Greenaway

the infamous "Tetsuo" from Shinya Tsukamoto. i suggest you all his filmography as well.

all you can get about Takeshi Kitano,but if you suck for Tarantino,well,give a go to Kinji Fukasaku's "Battle Royale"

all you can get about Takeshi Kitano

Listen to this man.

We have the AFI Dallas film festival here this week and they just screened Gonzo. It's good, one of the better documentaries about HST.

I just got around to watching the Bourne Ultimatum. This was really good, this is one of the few series where the sequels are better than the original.

Archived