IGNORED

That tune from the Manchester Gig this month

Dale

Guest Maxer

He didnt play this at Sandsifter. But he did play something I definitely hadn't heard. Strangely, at the time I didn't even know he was DJing. It was really smokey so it was hard to tell. This track dropped, and it was blatantly his. Most people danced through the whole set thinking he wasn't even going to show up. Shame about that Manchester track though.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's truly excellent. Sounds Plaid-ish to me as well (probably not to anyone else though).

no man this really sound Plaidsy to me too. sounds much more like a Plaid track then an AFX one.

edit; oh wait, if people think its Plaid it automatically becomes boring. forget we said anything.

Guest Maxer

Sand Sifter

Nice isolated bar just along from Gwithian Beach. Well out of the way. Full Moon. Lots of cars with a strange festival atmosphere. Everyone was there for the right reasons, they had made the effort. Nice heated smoking area with those red lights which people huddle under. Very friendy atmosphere, whisperings of a ginger protagonist. Free Rephlex badges on entry. Excellent. Real mix of people, all the old ravers were out in force. Not many people under 20. The place was buzzing. Saw Grant WC at the bar looking scary. Mean looking guy. Reseraunt area was filled with elderly pissed off locals who couldn't have booked a worse night. Through to the back, main room. Red decor. Bar. We arrived in the middle of an old house/acid set, I got a glimpse into the DJ area and it was one of several chaps in Rephlex regalia. Later there was a brief spell of funk and then old skool rave and more acid. During this time I drank copiously and danced like a monkey. Next was Grant WC, excellent set. By now people were pretty much going nuts and it was getting hot, lots of speculation circulating. The DJ area was deep set and covered with camo netting (original). In front of that was a smoke machine and a big red Rephlex logo. There were Braindance balloons too. Much helium banter. At some point at roughly 1am Hello Meow dropped, many went ballistic and some were clapping. Now I thought that maybe there were lots of Squarepusher heads there, and it is a tune, but I think that in fact a few people had spotted something... I however, was having too much fun. Drum and bass, jungle, acid, gabber, some vitalic in there too, current value, and the last three track were beautiful. I cant be of much use as to the specifics, all I can really do is set the scene. I think I probably overdid it, but it was a really well put together night in a great place with great people. I was distracted most of the time and if they didnt want to be seen I was happy to oblige and have some fun, you could tell that was what they were going for. Managed to stop GWC at the end and put in a few grateful comments, he turned out to be safe as fuck. So most people saw AFX without actually seeing him I think.

Cant wait for the next one, just what Cornwall needs.

Guest naos
i can't get enough of this tune, echoing many others in this thread. i enjoy it more than the tracks on rushup edge.

last weekend while I was hiking, that song came into my mind and I thought

that tune is just majestic .. couldn't wait to hear that bad quality vid back home

Guest jubes

so whats the name of this track that starts at about 6:45 ??????

the bass just kicks ass

Guest jubes

the bass just kicks ass

Friends of Matthew - Out There

See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Yoq8KTQAQ

Whoa thanks the tune sounded better live though...lol ....(i think ill be having nightmares for weeks now ...)

the bass just kicks ass

Friends of Matthew - Out There

See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Yoq8KTQAQ

Whoa thanks the tune sounded better live though...lol ....(i think ill be having nightmares for weeks now ...)

If you liked the bass on that tune then check this out looks like this is where it may have come from, wish I could take credit for the spot, but unfortunately I just read it in the comments:

Apologies all for the digression.

Anyways, to take it back to discussion about this "Manchester tune" I still love it (as do many), and I think that love is yet increased by the fact that I simply can't have it!

• 5 weeks later...

Firstly, not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but the end of this video includes about 40 seconds of this tune that's not included in the attached mp3. Basically for you purists out there!

Secondly, just bumping this again as the tune is simply the business.

Edit = added video link, like a mug forgot to add it, oopppsss.

wait. what's that choir sounding noise at 2.05 & 2.12. "aaaaaah.."

man i'd kill for a good quality recording of this!

Not much of a difference and it won't get rid of the crowd either, obviously, but adding "&fmt=18" to the youtube-address of the vid it's been ripped from leads you to the mp4-version of it. The audio bitrate will then be 128 instead of the usual 64. :smile:

Guest Helper ET
Let's keep bumping the thread till the track gets released.

This track is like the Aphex version of Do You Know Squarepusher - it's like a smorgasbord of cool Aphexisms

zomg is that a real thing?

Let's keep bumping the thread till the track gets released.

This track is like the Aphex version of Do You Know Squarepusher - it's like a smorgasbord of cool Aphexisms

zomg is that a real thing?

a real thing of what

Guest griever

just in case anyone's interested: i just identified the track rich is playing before the unreleased one comes in:

quartz - "meltdown" :smile:

Archived