IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Have you seen the sort of people who actually read that book? "Art" students, college dykes, and losers in their sister's jeans.

And if you could explain how it's not pervy, pretentious trash that would help too. Thanks. If I wanted to read that sort of thing I'd go for American Psycho, which at least had a modicum of social commentary and humour.

Have you seen the sort of people who actually read that book? "Art" students, college dykes, and losers in their sister's jeans.

You read it too, didn't you?

:facepalm:

Guest ezkerraldean

i would be reading PG wodehouse and HP lovecraft if i actually had enough free time to read shit for pleasure right now. but i do not. curses

I am ecstatic not to have to read anything for a little while.

One pretty interesting book that I just finished reading for some research was "The Company: A Short History of a Revolutionary Idea." by John Micklethwait and Adrian Wooldridge.

It's not about the CIA by the way.

Also just finished reading a book called "With Their Backs to the World" by Asne Seierstad. An interesting look at Serbians in the middle of the Balkan conflict of the 90s

PLanned reading for Xmas break: 2 books on the history of Korea, re-reading "Guns, Germs and Steel" and something else for fun.

Oh yeah, and Susan Sontag is a despicable cunt.

Guest Franklin

whilst on holiday in mexico I reread The Berlin Stories by Christopher Isherwood. very nice book.

then I picked up Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pyncheon and fuck me I'm 60 pages in after hours of reading and I still have zero fucking idea what is happening. what the fuck is with this book?

last xmas kaen recommended 'only forward' by michael marshall smith as his favourite book of all time so i got it for my brother - he lent it to me today and said it's one of his favourtie books of all time. really enjoying it so far. also reading 'finland, cultural lone wolf' so i can be boorish and nationalistic when drinking.

i'm reading mao II by don delillo. well written at times but the dialogue is really weird. i'm not liking his style very much although he seems to be a sort of thematic cousin of william gibson.