IGNORED

Most Accessable AE tune?

goonstock

Stop Look Listen I think is one of the most accessible and catchy AE tracks of all time. i think you could play that for a non electronic fan and the potential for them liking it is sitll there

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure castrati could perfectly understand autechre.

Evidence?

Tough to prove. Since there aren't many of those anymore.

I know as many girls who like autechre as guys who like autechre in real life. Actually, maybe more girls.

SO THERE.

Crystel

The Egg

Chatter

Guest Chogg

My parents (one of whom is female) like autechre, boc, all that stuff...maybe not the more abrasive tracks, but even with those they tend to keep an open mind. Pissed me off when I was a teenager but now I think it's cute.

Also, I have many female friends who enjoy autechre. This whole thing is probably just for laughs, but could be offensive to certain people.

Funny... The first Autechre song I showed my girlfriend was Gantz Graf, and she said it made her sleepy!!?!? :rolleyes:

Yes.

To add something serious to the discussion for a change, I know a couple of women who are into ae, but it's no secret that there ain't a lot of them. I guess it's a role-thing rather than it is a biological...thing. The female role is precasted more precisely than the male one, or, more in one direction, I guess. Not only in music, but here we got the obvious example... which male target groups are there? Hip hop or metal or electro or blah. They're all made to address males rather than girls. For girls it's really just the pop-shite... maybe it's easier to distance yourself from your pre-made media-destiny if you see the variety of it's shittyness and then be able to not go "uh that sounds strange I dont like it" right away? Or maybe, I'm talking bullshit and it is all due to the aggression in some ae-tracks most women don't like and it is biological, or hormons, or tuna? Huh. Excuse any lack of logic here, I'm foreign, and all weird.

Yea, it's society's fault lol.

The only thing that society ever did is falsely proclaim certain intrinsically male tendencies to be superior than certain female tendencies.

I can't believe noone's mentioned 'pir' (last track off ep7 for those, like me, that never know the names of tracks, just where they come in the album). It's got a simple happy melody, an easy-to-follow rhythmical drum section and is one of the most accessable tracks by Ae by far.

Plus it's lovely (and sounds like a drumkit playing in a paddling pool)

Funny... The first Autechre song I showed my girlfriend was Gantz Graf, and she said it made her sleepy!!?!? :rolleyes:

Is she capable of coming?

Indeed.

Guest Chogg

Tilapia doesn't really go anywhere imho. It's a nice track and a great way to end cichlisuite, but I'd say the uneducated listener would just call it something silly like "repetitive".

Guest Caustic
dunno if they're the most accessible but second peng and piezo are my faves. vletrmx is a close 3rd

Yourewinner-38601.jpg

Guest Goum Le Chat

I showed to a friend (girl of course) bits of Untilted. She liked it. I'll try with longer bits.

But she's a geek, so it's maybe too easy.

Archived