IGNORED

name your top three ekt releases

Guest margaret thatcher

hmm, i dont think my releases count as 'ekt releases'... well, there was chronicles of boomthwack... but that was breakcore i made when i was 17. the sort of stuff that gets you gigs from geezers but disdain from leet watmmers.

my top would be anything by lindrum larry cocopipe and wisp, and the sub by chris moss (q.c)

Guest margaret thatcher

ah maus, yeah, legend...i knew him from the underworld forums. we did a competition on there with a load of others back in 2002 i think...my track was shite but his was awesome, it was called "which cat is on drugs?".....i think i still have it.....

oh word, please upload the cat drugs? track if you can! maus's "i'm writing music when i'm fucked up" tracks are amazing, i have 2 - the tiger one ("i can't get out of my chrysler!") and and "ant stepper". best.

CMA's - 303 tapes that are now on v/vm or what not

yeah i agree the 2nd one is great.

the 1st one was a bit drab.

another one of my favourites is 'moscow' by me

but its unreleased at the moment, seeing if a big corprorate record label who specializes in indy bands will release it. ><

yeah lots of good music in ekt.

eod / impakt / fah - eap series is epic.

all wisp stuff. in a blue face is prob the best one imo.

all beak monotonik releases. finally got the dload link to beak remixes..

• 1 month later...
Guest maus
oh word, please upload the cat drugs? track if you can! maus's "i'm writing music when i'm fucked up" tracks are amazing, i have 2 - the tiger one ("i can't get out of my chrysler!") and and "ant stepper". best.

first off, it made my evening that you guys remember all that stuff... and that 'recogniser' stood out for at least one of ya. =)

a couple of 'maus' albums (including the LP 'maus', which includes 'which cat is on drugs') are available on my website:

www.mausworld.com

there are links to the newer stuff on my myspace page though maus myspace because i've been SERIOUSLY slacking on updating my website.

as far as the drunk music goes, it's still happening. it actually is semi-professional at this point, as part of my present job is coming up with random tracks for videos and whatnot. although i'm not drunk at work as often as i'd like.

here's one that's fairly recent:

Hot Pink Mushroom - Quik Burger

i actually need to get back into listening to EKT stuff more often. i used to listen all the time (when i was working an office job, mind you) but i've fallen off of late.

luv,

c

easily one of the finest tunes of it's ilk this decade....

orange dust - skeletones

where'd orange dust go... i heard he stopped making music...

he's doing awesome artwork these days, at least that's the last i heard from him.. still makes tracks every now and then, but nowhere near the amount that he used to. i think he stopped doing drugs or something.

however i have about 30 hours of his music so i don't mind so much that he isn't making tracks anymore, hahah!

orubasarots "kolkhoz" ep still remains some of the best and most interesting breakcore ive ever heard.

there used to be a chap called "Welkin" who posted a lot of awesome tracks.

khonnor - pink bikini grass/on+on

dorian concepts stuff

techdiff

cats on earths older stuff like the bucephalus bouncing ball rmx

plugexpert

forlorn

a lot of talent has passed through these parts, but only ever one WATMM compilation release ? (sorry beardstep/dsc, i mean really hardcopy releases with warpmart distro etc). the names above are enough for the forum to become a big player in the electronic world if a properlly managed dedicated label wouldve ever emerged from EKT.

Wisp - HumpelndenBEATS

A Compulsion - Soundtracks for Unfortunate Occurrences

Fieldtriqp - People Damage

The Jaffa Kid - Membrane Melodies

CN - Detrimenthol EP

Choleric Productions - Resigned

Wisp/Denizen - Quest for Excalipur

Dead Eros - The Life In the World of Existence is Done

i, cactus - i, cactus

Milieu - Mint Slape

Aquinas - Asleep on the Job

There are some others that I am forgetting. I'll check when I get home.

orubasarots "kolkhoz" ep still remains some of the best and most interesting breakcore ive ever heard.

there used to be a chap called "Welkin" who posted a lot of awesome tracks.

khonnor - pink bikini grass/on+on

dorian concepts stuff

techdiff

cats on earths older stuff like the bucephalus bouncing ball rmx

plugexpert

forlorn

a lot of talent has passed through these parts, but only ever one WATMM compilation release ? (sorry beardstep/dsc, i mean really hardcopy releases with warpmart distro etc). the names above are enough for the forum to become a big player in the electronic world if a properlly managed dedicated label wouldve ever emerged from EKT.

forlon

Guest awkward
1. emoticon - natual graffitti (i miss this guy... he was the first ekter that i totally dug)

yes yes! that guy was great. he went off to uni, posted a little and started a reggae band then disappeared off completely. he did send me a dvd of all his music ever made (or at least releasable) before he went though. if i brought back sii i could do an ep series off the dvd but alas i probably won't. i learnt alot from asking him questions about buzz

i dont have that beak remix ep but i sure would like to

http://www.archive.org/details/siirecords

sadly it's the only suicideininstallments release on archive.org

true true. someone post the rest.

new city 16 - york remixes

new city 16 - york

new city 16 - f-91w

cubus - late 5am tired eye

fieldtriqp - people damage

loafeye - a valid life

aaasymm - we are curious yellow

chloroplastic - cutec ae410

yan_g - shut mariposas

jaffa - electrone night clubs

milieu - coastal tones

mr. modular - technologgia

kcinsu - pyractomena borealis

wisp - humpelnden beats

wisp - saw remixes

stephen walters - das interspects

encephala - we are the dreamers of dreams

earvalve - wavy house

mosca - acid hooligan

7pd - voisin du zero

dissolved - surgical phase

dissolved - ripple trace

and the infamous eap selections 05-07

i'm also proud of the split with maskine. hello antarctica.

thx. good evening.

Archived