IGNORED

Parhelic Triangle

Guest venhar

Guest venhar

when first released, I can say I didnt take much from Confield

having returned to said LP, Parhelic Triangle is the dogs bollocks

It is probably one of my favorite autechre tracks. It always made me think of these humongous triangles somehow orbiting around eachother and folding into eachother along to the weird rhythm.

Guest hahathhat

it nearly gave me a panic attack the first time i listened to it.

this is from the guy that found thought loops 'hilarious'

Guest Enter a new display name

I adore how the beats from Parhelic Triangle are distorted thorough the track!

Aside from Bine, this was the only track that didn't floor me on first spin in Confield... love it now.

And I have absolutely no idea how it was made.

Guest itannexe

I discovered Ae listening to this very song when Confield came out. It was on Warp's frontpage player and i immediately knew i'd never heard anything like that before, it was a shock. Today, it still remains as one of those truly trademark Autechre songs, the ones that define Ae's music for me. A peak.

Ferocious and challenging for the untrained ears but most rewarding once you let it sink. It absolutely deserves every word of appreciation on this thread :ok:

Haha, I went on a trip couple of weeks ago and I listened to this track a lot. It's absolutely stunning.

It reminds me post-EP7 haters are so very wrong

Guest Chogg
Parhelic triangle is awesome, although i would say that it reminds me more of Pro Radii than of calbruc considering the dark tone of the two tracks.

Parhelic Triangle precedes Pro Radii by several years.

Parhelic Triangle is indeed a great track. It sounds dirty, like some sort of giant leviathan worm slapping around.

By remind I'm sure he meant it reminds him of how it sounds, not that Parhelic Triangle is based on Pro Radii...

in my top 3 ae tracks, definitely. (the other two being sublimit and maphive6.1)

i love the little melody that sneaks out at the end. i once made a sloppy post-rock version of parhelic triangle based on that melody alone.

Guest Enter a new display name
i love the little melody that sneaks out at the end. i once made a sloppy post-rock version of parhelic triangle based on that melody alone.

Yeah, that part is incredible. That melody immediately caught my attention the first time I listened to Parhelic Triangle.

Exactly!

I remembered them doing similar stuff at Dour 2007 and the Quaristice tour. While enjoying all the amazing rythms and changes going on I constantly picked up melodies in the background. But those melodies were keeping such a low profile I didn't know if they were in my head or actually there. Or maybe they we're in my head because of some cross-reference or something... Anyway, whilst figuring that out they slowly but surely surfaced and made me the happiest man alive.

They actually know what's going on in my mind and keep toying with it, never losing touch with my brain. It's something no other artist has ever done to me.

Or maybe I use too much drugs.

Guest Jacck

bmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvff

vmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvv

mzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmb

ddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvff

vmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvf

fvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvm, apparently.

Guest hahathhat
bmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvff

vmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvv

mzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmb

ddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvff

vmbmvffvmbvffvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvmbmvffvmbvf

fvmbvffvmbfvvmzzzxmbffvmbddvmddmbmvffvm, apparently.

please defend your choice of letters or we will be forced to relegate you to the "un-electronic music" column

Archived