IGNORED

Xltronic cock tease marathon

awepittance

Guest Tankakern
When Derick May or Juan Atkins make music do they decide not release it on the basis that it would sound 'better' and have the potential of a great appeal through a huge pa system? No of course.

sorry but this examples aren't fair at all. Derrick just plays dj-sets and Juan very rarely does live PA. they both rarely make music for the last decade. their music also have had a huge difference production-wise from what Rob & Sean do.

autechre case is that the recording of it anyway have some fantastic detail depth not to be heard other way incl. live performing way. it would be far from perfect, not what autechre want of it without context. though fantastic anyway.

Whatever. It all boils down to the fact that Ae might not want a soundboard recording leaked however bitterly dissapointing this actually is.

It is a real shame that a high quality recording might not make the light of day but ae have been making live sets only-to-be-heard-live for

a while now -- and then theres all of the tracks which dont make it onto albums, etc.

Lets hope for a miracle to happen in Japan and somebody delivers. Dial a ninja – it is the only human who could sneak past the soundboardist

unnoticed.

I hope once the tour is through they want to record the current live-set. It is on constant loop here which unfortuantly has its down side -- the audience noise is becoming more apparent, what people say, etc.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moebius
how would you feel if you had just seen one of the greatest films of all time in the theatre, and then when you get home from the movie read that its never coming out on video for as long as you live. The only 'copies' of it you can find are shitty shakey Cam recorded torrents. If you can be content living like this that is your perogative, i fucking cant and im dying to have that live set. sorry if you think this is childish, i just htink its being really passionate about amazing electronic music.

good example, because in fact there are some directors who do intentionally refrain from releasing their work on DVD.

Actually I *NEED* a soundboard, because I am going to crank it to oblivion on my fairly decent stereo rig, invite a bunch of people, plunge the house into total darkness apart from a few red LEDs placed strategically about table height at one end of the room, and drive people's eardrums into their heads. I will be doing this to provide the "moral equivalent" of the Autechre Australian tour which is apparently never going to happen.

A room recording would make no sense in this context - I need to feed the speakers a dry signal to *create* the room sound at my house.

So you see - it wouldn't be contrary to intentions. I'll even hang a couple of North Face jackets up behind the LEDs to get it just right.

Guest vodor
Actually I *NEED* a soundboard, because I am going to crank it to oblivion on my fairly decent stereo rig, invite a bunch of people, plunge the house into total darkness apart from a few red LEDs placed strategically about table height at one end of the room, and drive people's eardrums into their heads. I will be doing this to provide the "moral equivalent" of the Autechre Australian tour which is apparently never going to happen.

A room recording would make no sense in this context - I need to feed the speakers a dry signal to *create* the room sound at my house.

So you see - it wouldn't be contrary to intentions. I'll even hang a couple of North Face jackets up behind the LEDs to get it just right.

this is the correct response

also: lol

The brats fucked everything up. The dweebs who got too obsessed. It was like a puppy who got squeezed to death because some fucking emo college dweeb loved it too much.

Dr. Uptight faggot speaks

Guest vodor
The brats fucked everything up. The dweebs who got too obsessed. It was like a puppy who got squeezed to death because some fucking emo college dweeb loved it too much.

yes, the obsessive brats ate from the tree of soundboard which displeased the Lords, so we were all banished from the garden of high-quality bootlegs.

give me a fucking break.

Guest dangulberry

Surely you don't think that Ae needed to be told that fans would want to create and distribute soundboard recordings? Don't you think they knew already, from experience over the past few tours?

this idea of each performance being crafted around/within a specific venue space is curious to me...on the one hand i totally get it, ae are clearly serious about their sound and they must obviously take care to shape that sound as best as they can within a given environment, even if the sets are more or less the same i imagine they are very serious about how each aspect of the mix fits the environment; on the other hand i am somewhat perplexed that the venues they play in are typically bars wherein hundreds of people are talking, shouting even, creating this huge wash of sound. how do they utilize this rather obtrusive element? whenever i have seen them i have always been disappointed by this ridiculous chatter, sometimes it is very difficult to listen to the music but not listen to the talking. i'd appreciate it if one day they played at some place where people could sit and listen and not have drinks spilled on them, people shouting, etc. etc.

Guest syrus

I think AE are doing the right thing having a more 'dance' based live set.. it's so you can get up and dance to it easier. I'd go nuts, I know that much.

I'm just gutted I moved to Australia where there's not even a chance to see them live...doh!!!

:(

Guest kerouac78

When I was at the Toronto show there was a big bald goon standing right behind me talking with what Im assuming was the sound man... I over heard him say, very loudly..."if you see ANYONE behind this sound board, punch him in the fuckin' head" and he turned on his heel and walk away from the guy...no word of of a lie.

I was standing 5 feet from them. I think the bald dude was security...and a rather dramatic one at that.

I think AE are doing the right thing having a more 'dance' based live set.. it's so you can get up and dance to it easier. I'd go nuts, I know that much.

I'm just gutted I moved to Australia where there's not even a chance to see them live...doh!!!

:(

what are you talking about AUtechre play live here every few months...

on You Tube :-)

but i would still want to be able to dance

i'm sure they could accommodate both needs, eg, play a venue that has some seats (you know, decent ones) in teh back for chillin' and have a dance floor up in the front. or, you could just give me a lap dance which would surely satisfy us both.

or, play at whatever stupid bar they want but don't have three hours of music going on before their set so maybe people will be more attentive (to teh music, folks around them) if they haven't had three hours to drink before ae comes on.

*last post*

play at whatever stupid bar they want but don't have three hours of music going on before their set so maybe people will be more attentive (to teh music, folks around them) if they haven't had three hours to drink before ae comes on.

Right on. This gets on my fucking tits, I remember going to see them at the warehouse project in 06....we got there at about 9/10 pm and had to wait until 2 for them to come on. Assuming you are not on pills, you either have to drink, and be pissed out of your skull by the time they come on, or stay sober and just be damn tired and fucked off. It's annoying, because I absolutely love the untilted set, but each time of the 3 times i was there in the flesh, I zoned out after about ten minutes and would only really drift back in for the peak moments which are all 5-10 mins apart.

(Autechre are still the fucking business though :cool: )

This is why I was so happy I could walk to the gig this time around. We got there halfway through the Massonix set, so it was only about another half hour before AE came on, and the bit of oxycontin I took was just kicking in as they started. Made for a very enjoyable set!

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
When I was at the Toronto show there was a big bald goon standing right behind me talking with what Im assuming was the sound man... I over heard him say, very loudly..."if you see ANYONE behind this sound board, punch him in the fuckin' head" and he turned on his heel and walk away from the guy...no word of of a lie.

I was standing 5 feet from them. I think the bald dude was security...and a rather dramatic one at that.

lol Ae are becoming BoC

:sad:

Archived