IGNORED

new first track bleep

amnesia

Guest maddestmax

by the way

proportion wise this tracks artwork is the same as 90101-5l-l.

what does this tell us?

Guest moo duck

pleasureable synth work with kinda dramatic end, a bit boring drums and 'dusty loop' for nine minutes. still autechre

Guest dangulberry

think I'll wait for the complete bundle. these 'versions' are not substantial enough as individual tracks. (Neither is most of the quaristice album.)

Guest phaelam

hmmm...more of the same. feeling kind of uninspired.

what happened to Bike, Eutow, Draun Quarter etc. i know that was then and this is now. but the now just isnt that interesting. doesnt have the pull or attachment anymore.

as for the art...looks like a first year art students research and design project. also very uninspired.

the limited edition cd case was fantastic.

Guest acridavid

what happened to Bike, Eutow, Draun Quarter etc. i know that was then and this is now. but the now just isnt that interesting. doesnt have the pull or attachment anymore.

as for the art...looks like a first year art students research and design project. also very uninspired.

I think the now is way more interesting, it certainly has the pull and attachment for me.

And I think all those versions are great. Something different than they done before, same goes for the artwork. All fits the whole , concept very well.

I like this new version, not my favourite (The PlclCpC ftw!) but it's good. Looking forward to the rest.

Guest phaelam

I think the now is way more interesting, it certainly has the pull and attachment for me.

And I think all those versions are great. Something different than they done before, same goes for the artwork. All fits the whole , concept very well.

I like this new version, not my favourite (The PlclCpC ftw!) but it's good. Looking forward to the rest.

a grey square? come on man. thats about as good as that black canvass by kasimir malevich. all you need is some absurd story as to why you did it. in this case there is nothing to accompany it.

but long and short of it is...everyone has their own opinions. draft and on, to me, is very flat. not worth the purchase.

draun quarter was released 11 years ago, eutow 13 years, and bike 15 years. would you still be listening to them if every album sounded like incunabula? i wouldn't. i don't think any current electronic artist sounds the same as they did ten years ago. maybe you should just accept that their music isn't what you're interested in anymore?

Guest acridavid

a grey square? come on man. thats about as good as that black canvass by kasimir malevich. all you need is some absurd story as to why you did it. in this case there is nothing to accompany it.

but long and short of it is...everyone has their own opinions. draft and on, to me, is very flat. not worth the purchase.

Yeah own opinions of course. For me Draft and on is their best work (well maybe Confield and on). But we're on a msg board, we can discuss it ;)

Of course the grey square is an easy to do thing and easily perceived as lame. I'm not saying this is the greatest artwork ever but I like it. Stuff doesn't have to be complicated or technically advanced to be interesting. Can start a big discussion about art here I guess haha. The story to go with it, well.. isn't the 'sketching' Quaristice style enough to explain this type of art? I don't even need the explanation. It's much more an 'in progress' or 'process' thing which seems to be very popular in art lately anyway. And certainly with fast digital releasing this seems to work well for me.

I don't know how directly the visuals are related to the different tracks. It might be just random but I like making up my own story. It's what Quaristice does, it gives you something to add to and fill in I think. It's minimal, sketching, I'm digging this.

wouldn't it be funny if when you put all the artwork together (when it is all released) it makes some kind of amazing artwork, hahah!

Guest moo duck
the thing with art is to destroy the definition of what is art, everytime.

i think that was dadaism circa 1920s

yeah. dadaism, futurism, suprematism etc. demonstrated this aesthetic feel\concept pretty clear.

still not a radical departure from the album version, but i like this nonetheless. very squashed, weird sounds going on.

this board will be busy for the next fortnight as each day we'll be expressing opinions on each new track.

It's bloody great you fools.

Also - I hear a few of those shredded, dying machines from the start of fold4,wrap5 in the last third of it.

Frankly I am happy with any new Autechre any time. They could release one of these a month for the next year and I'd buy 'em all. Large chunks of my money have gone to WAY less deserving people and organisations, these guys make me happy.

Guest phaelam

draun quarter was released 11 years ago, eutow 13 years, and bike 15 years. would you still be listening to them if every album sounded like incunabula? i wouldn't. i don't think any current electronic artist sounds the same as they did ten years ago. maybe you should just accept that their music isn't what you're interested in anymore?

i have to cuz the new stuff is not interesting.

Archived