IGNORED

Ziggomatic

Guest Moebius

Guest Moebius

Stumbled on this randomly in an audiobook I was listening to:

The zygomatic bone is part of the human skull better known as the cheekbone.

It's pronounced Zye-go-matic (not "zig-o-matic" like I had thought), like the term zygote. Is it the central component of the zygomatic process, which is comprised of three other bones that form the skull, and forms the zygomatic arch.

Anchored to the zygomatic bones are two facial muscles, the zygomaticus major muscle and the zygomaticus minor muscle, which are responsible for raising the corners of your mouth when you smile.

Of course, it's not clear exactly what part of this the song is referring to, but I like the thought of it referring to muscles that enable us to smile.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Calx Sherbet

It's pronounced Zye-go-matic (not "zig-o-matic" like I had thought), like the term zygote. Is it the central component of the zygomatic process, which is comprised of three other bones that form the skull, and forms the zygomatic arch.

Anchored to the zygomatic bones are two facial muscles, the zygomaticus major muscle and the zygomaticus minor muscle, which are responsible for raising the corners of your mouth when you smile.

Of course, it's not clear exactly what part of this the song is referring to, but I like the thought of it referring to muscles that enable us to smile.

that would be pretty cool if that really was the meaning he was going for.

DRUKQS ROKQS!!!!! :yeah:

Intriguing, thanks for sharing...

...which are responsible for raising the corners of your mouth when you smile.

yea, makes me think of the RDJ grin... :rdjgrin:

Cool find, it's kind of a happy song so it could well be the case.

thank you for listening- goodbye

Haha, that's a wtf.

Listening?

Goodbye?

no it's a whoops. i can give a # of excellent excuses for my fuckup, all of them viable, but lets just say i'll suck watmm's collective cock until it's - ok. I forgot. sorry. my laptop got stolen. so did my cd player. both on friday. i have an external hd, with the song on it, but nothing to play it on. i have the cd's, but they're home in indiana while i am currently in st louis. fuck y'all naggers.

Guest Helper ET

Haha, that's a wtf.

Listening?

Goodbye?

no it's a whoops. i can give a # of excellent excuses for my fuckup, all of them viable, but lets just say i'll suck watmm's collective cock until it's - ok. I forgot. sorry. my laptop got stolen. so did my cd player. both on friday. i have an external hd, with the song on it, but nothing to play it on. i have the cd's, but they're home in indiana while i am currently in st louis. fuck y'all naggers.

^ not a true aphex fan....

Haha, that's a wtf.

Listening?

Goodbye?

^ not a true aphex fan....

True blue, eh?

Guest loonybin

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I remember reading an interview with him years ago where he said Ziggomatic was created with one free hand while he wanked with the other one. The title is probably inspired by this process.

Ok...

A) Ok, enough!

B) Ok, i think i get it now

C) Ok, wat.

ANSWER:

All of the above.

(ha ha ha)

Guest hahathhat
D: a jar of almonds

whata you use in the bedroom dude?

why, richard nixon!! *jowelshakes* "I AM NOT A CROOK."

whose line is a great show