IGNORED

Who is Grant Wilson-Claridge?

joshuatxuk

Okay so I know what everyone else does. Rephlex co-owner/spokesperson, Cornwall native, RDJ's partner in crime, etc. But does anyone know anything else about him beyond his role as a owner of Rephlex?

Overall he seems more mysterious than RDJ himself. I've never seen a picture of him and besides a few printed interviews the only other media I know of him is his appearance with RDJ on Kiss FM back in the early 90s where they showcases a lot of Universal Indicator and Caustic Window tracks. I'm especially interested in whether or not he has produced anything himself: i.e. the rumour he did part of universal indicator green, particularly the 7" tracks and the IG-88/Tan-09 monikers. Also does anyone know his back story before his fateful meeting with Richard?

I didn't even think about looking up DJ Rephlex Records even though I had read that was his performing alias. Was warehouse his latest gig?

this is Grant Wilson-Claridge:

djrephlexrecs.jpg

"Please support the artist by purchasing a new copy of this jpg."

Is it just me or do him and Mike Dred look similar. (I'm not trying to imply any GWC = MD conspiracy) :tongue2:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?artist=Mike+Dred

he is an advanced automaton controlled by a neural net to which sean booth, richard d james, luke vibert, tom jenkinson, and an artificial intelligence known simply as 'kevin' control the input

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
Grant was going to release music under the name IG-88, but it never seemed to happen

lol

Rephlex is one of the last remaining dinosaurs of the industry to not embrace digital distribution.

lol

Is it just me or do him and Mike Dred look similar. (I'm not trying to imply any GWC = MD conspiracy) :tongue2:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?artist=Mike+Dred

lol mike dred looks like brando in apocalypse now

haha

his wiki page is quite sad, don't look there for answers.

I know, that is part of the reason I started this thread. RDJ's on the other hand is one of the most well-written on the site.

Archived