IGNORED

The Wrestler

Rubin Farr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name

I can hardly imagine Darren Aronofsky directing a wrestling movie... This will be so unaronofskyful!

Guest awkward

oh my what?

you tube posted didnt work but i went to the site and watched the one posted there (was that the same as you posted?) and it looked like wrestling. how unusual.

nope, that is his NEXT movie after this about a boxer. methinks he is heading for a slump.

he's just directing them, at least he didn't write them.

• 1 month later...
VENICE, Italy (AP) — Darren Aronofsky's "The Wrestler" has won the top award at the Venice Film Festival.

The film awarded the Golden Lion on Saturday stars Mickey Rourke as a wrestler forced into retirement who strikes up a romance with an aging stripper played by Marisa Tomei.

Hmmm... so this means that... it might just be a good movie? Hm?

Guest Enter a new display name
VENICE, Italy (AP) — Darren Aronofsky's "The Wrestler" has won the top award at the Venice Film Festival.

The film awarded the Golden Lion on Saturday stars Mickey Rourke as a wrestler forced into retirement who strikes up a romance with an aging stripper played by Marisa Tomei.

Hmmm... so this means that... it might just be a good movie? Hm?

I want to watch it now!

marisa tomei IS a nice milf

i saw a trailer for that stiller joint where robert downey jr is an african american tonight

i cannot believe it made it to release

did that element persist to the finished product?

if so..... *sAfrican American*

:rolleyes: ...so anyway...anyone else been waiting for Flicker to make it to the big screen? I think Aronofsky is still attached but that book was made for Fincher to direct.

At first I thought you were talking about Flickr.com seeing as they've already got their hands wrapped around Facebook The Movie...

i really dont like aronofsky at all but i think mickey rourke is going to be great in this. id like to see a trailer... theres a couple of quick clips here >

im retarded. cant figure out youtube insert.

i really dont like aronofsky at all but i think mickey rourke is going to be great in this. id like to see a trailer... theres a couple of quick clips here >

im retarded. cant figure out youtube insert.

->

saw this last night at tiff and loved it. the story is about an '80s wrestler who continues to wrestle in small venues because he can't let go of his former fame he once had. he has trouble in the real world with jobs/family life and ultimately says the only place he is comfortable is in front of his fans in the ring.

mickey rourke gives a performance of a lifetime. I have always liked the guy despite all the shitty films he was in from about 1988 until sin city. he delivers a speech to the crowd at one point about being old, forgotten, and washed up that is very similar to who mickey rourke is. very powerful. the directing is good and doesn't feel like it was directed by aronofsky. there are none of aronofsky's trademarks (no camera attached to the actor, no quick edits) and camerawork is very straightforward. other good supporting roles from evan rachel wood and marissa tomei, who plays a stripper. marissa tomei seems to get hotter with age.

why did rourke have to get that facelift? He was looking rugged and timeworn but ok, now he just looks like a broiled sausage. I'm sure it'll calm down in a year or so - I remember Shatner looked this way for a long time before his "settled in" - but why flaunt it in public or in film until then. Gah.

Archived