IGNORED

Flashbulb - Pale Blue Dot

MadnessR

Guest ThE99THReDBallooN

hought his bangface set was great fun & nice to hear some of his acidwolf stuff dropped in aswell.

why did he cancel his appearence at the weekender in the end?

i heard bad weather forced the flight to be cancelled or something....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
now that this thread is up again, please keep it going, it was one of my favourites to read cause many people were fighting. :smile:

i think harky fucked off forever because of my post on page 4

i'm not sure ... haven't seen another post from him since then

should i feel bad?

I'll say this.

As a person, Benn is a pretentious prat. I've met him.

Most of his "Flashbulb" material is blechy blah derivitative, ect, but there are definately some gems in there.

Acidwolf & Human Action Network = awesome.

i think harky fucked off forever because of my post on page 4

i'm not sure ... haven't seen another post from him since then

should i feel bad?

Yes.

I've moved up to Mac VS PC arguments on Youtube comment threads.

I'll say this.

Most of his "Flashbulb" material is blechy blah derivitative, ect, but there are definately some gems in there.

a prat? pls explain.

I'll say this.

a prat? pls explain.

maybe i need a vocab refresher but he just seemed quite irritated to talk to me, and it's not like he was even doing anything. he was just sitting by himself. he was extremely short with me so after a few minutes of me being civil I ranted about the tuss and how awesome it was and how i had heard he submitted a false tuss track for GBIII's false tuss page (teddie oggie won out). This was just as confederation trough came out.

I'll say this.

a prat? pls explain.

maybe i need a vocab refresher but he just seemed quite irritated to talk to me, and it's not like he was even doing anything. he was just sitting by himself. he was extremely short with me so after a few minutes of me being civil I ranted about the tuss and how awesome it was and how i had heard he submitted a false tuss track for GBIII's false tuss page (teddie oggie won out). This was just as confederation trough came out.

I guess I'm defending every artist when I say this and not just Benn, but why does everyone seem to be under the impression that it is illegal for musicians to not want to chat 24/7?

It doesn't sound like he was rude with you. I imagine the reason he was sitting alone, and not with his friends, promoters, or tourmates, was because he didn't feel like talking!

Ease up, these guys are musicians, not politicians.

I'll say this.

a prat? pls explain.

I guess I'm defending every artist when I say this and not just Benn, but why does everyone seem to be under the impression that it is illegal for musicians to not want to chat 24/7?

It doesn't sound like he was rude with you. I imagine the reason he was sitting alone, and not with his friends, promoters, or tourmates, was because he didn't feel like talking!

Ease up, these guys are musicians, not politicians.

this is true to an extent, but this seemed liked a weird situation. it was not a typical show where people came to see him. he was "background music" and it was just at a loft in chi, i doubt promoters were even there. i guess he wasn't too bad, but he said he didn't like uk acid so that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, i'm a chicago kid, but some great shit's come out the uk, acid wise! blah blah blah i don't want to talk about it anymore.

Guest Pete is your friend
Benn. I bought two copies. and donated extra money. I hope you realise you changed someones life completely. I feel so understood with this music. The beauty is too hard to carry alone. My chest hurts. <3<3<3 thank you so much.

im not a flashblub fan. i took an afternoon out awhile back to really give it a college try, but it's just bad. however, there was one track i did keep, one diamond in the rough, a remix he did of a yuppster (8bitpeoples artist i was into years ago) track called "a year from tuesday". but of course it was a remix of a song that was pure melody, song structure, and at the time fresh - so it wasn't hard to bounce material off it. i didn't find any of his originals interesting.

yuppster now, like most of 8bitpeoples fell off the face of the earth into a abyss known as gameboy chip. but if anyone is interested i'll save you the time of crate digging (don't know what the term is for mp3s)

check out

albums:

Simon ep.

single tracks:

a year from tuesday, mellophe (soft as a pillow mix), rain conductor (very similar to lexaunculpt's string shit but came out about a year before blurring of trees)

Guest Pete is your friend
Oh, I don't know him or anything--his music is just included in the 8 bit pack. I hope he's great!

That's good . . . how are your folks?

Archived