IGNORED

Flashbulb - Pale Blue Dot

MadnessR

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Super lurker ultra V12
any of the absolutely ground breaking tracks in the Universal Indicator series.

STFU

Don't even get me started on Autechre's noise tracks.

STFU

i'm afraid that if that clip in the video is any indication, this is going to be the worst, most empty piece of art that mankind has yet to see

i'd like to dig up carl sagan and slap flashbulb's face with his skeleton hand

Who the fuck does this Benn Jordan guy think he is releasing albums and selling them to people who want them?

What an asshole.

A tribute to carl sagan....didnt carl sagan pass away over a decade ago? Why choose now to commemorate him? Or was it an entirely arbitary desicion to make the-man-who-wasn't-sure-if-we-had-pillows-in-europe to appear less idiotic.

I know! Right?!?

How the fuck could you wake up in the morning and look at yourself in the mirror having not commemorated Carl Sagan when Amen Warrior says the expiration date of commemoration has passed?

And fuck him for probably not saying what you said he said about pillows in europe. A horrible man.

Even a bigger dickhead because this one doesn't have anything to do with Squarepusher or Aphex Twin, so now who do we say he is plagiarizing?

Seriously guys. I know where he lives. I'm going to fly over to Chicago and punch him in the face for this. He won't get away with it. What a horrible man.

Guest AOOproductions
Yeah, maybe I should be blowing smoke up afx's ass for great songs like: Bit, Aussois, Bit4, Bonus High Frequency Sounds, or any of the absolutely ground breaking tracks in the Universal Indicator series.

Or perhaps I should be talking about Squarepusher's great talent... Wow! Just listen to these wonderful tracks:Cranium Oxide, Itti-Fack, 8 Bit Mix #2, Melt 14.6, or the greatest track on Hello Everything:Vacuum Garden. (Sure glad I spent all that extra money on the vinyl so I could get the bonus CD of more Vacuum Trax...changed my life!!!)

Don't even get me started on Autechre's noise tracks. I've never felt ripped off by Mr. Benn Jordan. At least his music IS music.

Funny how people pitch a bitch because I posted this in General Banter. Sorry. Should leave the main page of the WATMM forums to enlightening topics such as:

i have started an online recipe book

contributions welcome

how often do you groom your scrotal sac?

sarah palin is cool

Uh oh... he has a point guys... lets just shut the whole fucken forum down indefinitely and call it a day. OK?

I can't figure out why people are always so quick to hate on other people's choices in music. :undecided:

Are your real lives just so pathetic that you feel the need to e-dis a particular artist and his fans? Because I can't see how bullying someone on some lowly music forum in the remote corner of the internet makes you a better person.

I guess at the end of the day we'll all just have our own respective musical tastes (and you will continue to be pathetic.) :innocent:

Edit: Also, this is specifically being released under his own name (NOT his "The Flashbulb" alias) because it is such a different type of album for him. This is not music from The Flashbulb in any way; it's a completely different genre.

When other artists get slagged off on here, why don't we get a weird passive-aggressive overreaction from their fans as well?

I remember last christmas bangface, the people that came to see the flashbulb were obnoxious misfits that started chanting flashbulb over ceephax's set (how rude is that?!). And then lots of them left after the flashbulb performed. It's seems that a lot of the people who are into the flashbulb are ONLY into the flashbulb, which i find a bit odd considering the derivative nature of his choons.

Anyway after his no-show at the bangface weekender i went online to check out what happened, found his blog...he's a fucking egomaniac and his fans are sycophantic mentalists that treat him like some demi-god. He's such an egomaniac in fact that i wouldn't put it past him to have posted in this thread already.

I'll check the album out as it's usually the beats that put me off the flashbulbs music, but to be honest it's hard to enjoy someone's music when you know they're that conceited and egotistical.

There are two reasons he gets bashed so much, I guess... First he tends to give his tracks and albums sort-of-emotional titles and uses piano and classical instruments for more emotional associations. As we noticed (BoC-Subforum), being emotional weakens ones defense and opens up the door for all the "u r gay, b a man"-crap we get from both people who are just hopping on the train and having a laugh (some even ironically so, which seems to be constantly missed by the fans) and people who are having some kind of personal role-finding issue and need to prove to themselves how tough they are. Flashbulb's bigger problem imo is that he often seems to have the same issue, or be somewhat insecure. Might be just an impression but it feels like he's being emotional just for the sake of showing that it's okay to be emotional, which makes the actual music kind of irrelevant. Maybe that's why his tracks seem kind of pretentious sometimes. After all, I think he doesn't deserve the extreme bashing, but neither does he deserve to be put on the same level as AFX and friends. His music isn't that bad, but his albums tend to get dull for me after a while. Also, I never liked his artist name.

Thanx for your comments, everybody...

I almost forgot why I posted this....

Oh yeah, the new album...

Ambient. Nice. Sounds like a mix between Biosphere and The Flashbulb. MadnessR Likee very much! :tongue:

Anyone else heard it yet? Anyone who can speak intelligently about it? Sorry I tried to talk about electronic music on an electronic music forum. I should know better.

When other artists get slagged off on here, why don't we get a weird passive-aggressive overreaction from their fans as well?

I remember last christmas bangface, the people that came to see the flashbulb were obnoxious misfits that started chanting flashbulb over ceephax's set (how rude is that?!). And then lots of them left after the flashbulb performed. It's seems that a lot of the people who are into the flashbulb are ONLY into the flashbulb, which i find a bit odd considering the derivative nature of his choons.

Anyway after his no-show at the bangface weekender i went online to check out what happened, found his blog...he's a fucking egomaniac and his fans are sycophantic mentalists that treat him like some demi-god. He's such an egomaniac in fact that i wouldn't put it past him to have posted in this thread already.

I'll check the album out as it's usually the beats that put me off the flashbulbs music, but to be honest it's hard to enjoy someone's music when you know they're that conceited and egotistical.

From my memories in watching the set, as there was a video crew recording that night, Benn introduced Ceephax himself, and kept motioning for the crowd to shut up and give Andy respect when they were chanting for him.

And you're slagging on him for being arrogant when apologizing on his blog for those who wanted to see him at the weekender, directly after slagging on him for being too much of a big deal at the previous Bangface.

Benn is very humble and friendly in person, and I don't know anyone who's met him and thought he was arrogant or even self-reserved. I have read about a dozen experiences like this however. I just don't see how you can judge a person's personality poorly when you don't have ANY personal experiences to judge them by.

Yeah, maybe I should be blowing smoke up afx's ass for great songs like: Bit, Aussois, Bit4, Bonus High Frequency Sounds, or any of the absolutely ground breaking tracks in the Universal Indicator series.

Or perhaps I should be talking about Squarepusher's great talent... Wow! Just listen to these wonderful tracks:Cranium Oxide, Itti-Fack, 8 Bit Mix #2, Melt 14.6, or the greatest track on Hello Everything:Vacuum Garden. (Sure glad I spent all that extra money on the vinyl so I could get the bonus CD of more Vacuum Trax...changed my life!!!)

Don't even get me started on Autechre's noise tracks. I've never felt ripped off by Mr. Benn Jordan. At least his music IS music.

Funny how people pitch a bitch because I posted this in General Banter. Sorry. Should leave the main page of the WATMM forums to enlightening topics such as:

i have started an online recipe book

contributions welcome

how often do you groom your scrotal sac?

sarah palin is cool

^

real fan

this album is like his other stuff.well produced and nice overall, but kinda soulless. don't feel it.

one reason teh flahblub gets so slagged here is all the buttboys who come here and defend him. if he's so above all the shit on the internet, why can't you fanboys also let us incestious watmmers slag him off as much as we want.

Guest Enter a new display name
why can't you fanboys also let us incestious watmmers slag him off as much as we want.

True. I don't take anything personally when I see people bashing my favorite artists. We all have a different opinion, after all... By the way, The Flashbulb is awful!

Archived