IGNORED

How do people who don't listen to IDM

Guest placidburp

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i once [10 years ago] said "this just sounds like water dripping" about autechre, but i was in the back of a car and the volume was low, i couldn't really hear the track.

Guest Enter a new display name
My dad walked into my room gave me the stereotypical "your PC is broken".

I guess I don't really have to add that I was playing Autechre.

Yeah, Sim Gishel would be the best example for this kind of sound. It is like a a computer fan that makes noise.

dude dont use the term electronic music bro im going to fixate on that only and not address any of the other points in your thread bro cause the term electronic music that shits embarrassing. i have ocd and i let acronyms cause an emotional reaction in my soul

My friend went to a co-op a while back listening to Vsnares loud and the guy said (typical asian teen) "Woah you listening to spaceships taking off?!" which was amusing.

They were playing 54 cymru beats at the local alternative pub in Huddersfield on Saturday when the place was absolutely packed and most people were actually digging it, which kinda shocked me since they usually play Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica kinda shit. Might have been the alcohols though. I was slightly freaked out by it

I got plenty of "the records stuck" and "its just noise" from my housemates regarding go plastic, but they grew to love it because i fucking rinsed that shit solid for three years and if they didn't accept it they would've gone mental.

And to be honest, in places it does sound like it gets stuck, and it IS just noise (greenways trajectory!). One of them even started mcing the vocal stabs that come in 5 mins into my fucking sound along with the record. Good times.

i have had all the obvious comments. i generally don't show people the music i listen to, only if they ask. i get responses like, "oh, i don't like techno". there was a time i'd tell them, no, it's not techno, and even get angry at the techno comment but i don't bother anymore.

Guest Armour Park

"someone put a data disc in the CD player!"

side note: you all know that you love to throw on electronic music for someone who has never heard it to get these responses because it tickles you silly and makes you feel elite

side note: you all know that you love to throw on electronic music for someone who has never heard it to get these responses because it tickles you silly and makes you feel elite

can you do that?

Guest assegai

If you want to roll with the crew

hackers.jpg

then you gotta be 1337

Guest Enter a new display name
i have had all the obvious comments. i generally don't show people the music i listen to, only if they ask. i get responses like, "oh, i don't like techno".

Same for me. I mention this is no shit played in raves and stuff.

we can, instead, wander out to the workshop and see if we can cobble together an electronic music solution from bits and pieces of controls we might have lying around.However, as with any do-it-yourself project, preparation work must be comprehensive and well-executed or your project will fail.

Based on my experience, here is one path to success:

1) Document every type of user that requires system access.

Recall in an earlier post, that, unless you have compelling reasons to be more expansive, I recommended you minimize the population for which you manage identity to those for whom you expect to provide access to sensitive systems or for whom integrity or non-repudiation must be maintained. Be fairly expansive in your view of what is sensitive, but assume any application that requires a user login, all data stores with non-public data, all servers that host such data, all network devices, the entire development environment, your messaging clients and system logs are all in scope. Do not concern yourself at this time with deciding how to control access to these resources; just determine whose access to them you need to control.

2) Document how each of these user types joins the organization.

Depending on the size, geographic dispersal, technical architecture, and many other organizational factors that you must comprehend before starting this exercise, you may identify several varieties of source systems for employees, temp workers, contractors, consultants, affiliates, vendors and others. Identify key business and technical contacts for each system. Ideally, you will already have good working relationships with many as they represent the difference between your success or failure.

You want them on your side so only by understanding the processes they support and the challenges they face will you provide a compelling reason for them to change how they do what they do each day. It is in selling your plan where preparation will matter most. The likely entrance points for employees and temps, generally, the most numerous populations, are either centralized or distributed staffing or sourcing systems. While, as initial touch points for these populations of associates, they might seem likely partners in identity management since there are several challenges you must consider:

* Many organizations outsource this work so your potential new hires may be commingled with those of other companies

* Your source system for identity data must be a trusted one or you are assigning identities based on attributes of potentially low quality. HR and Payroll systems are persistently maintained to support ongoing operational needs so are likely to have some corrective mechanism for erroneous data – however, the recovery process for an identity may have already been compromised by the time the mistake is discovered and remediated

* In addition, both are at least one step removed from the initial touch. Sourcing/staffing systems are intermittently maintained to meet a specific, immediate need – so ensure that data quality is maintained procedurally during input and through system edit check

So , I found most success with a centralized background check application – data quality was necessarily high, the data were retained permanently, and it represented a first touch for many user types – unfortunately few organizations are likely to have the luxury of staffing their own background investigations team.

3) Identify the benefits and constraints of each system for each user type it supports.

These may be technical or operational in nature. An example of a technical constraint is a legacy third-party system that may not be able to handle web services messages and, since the vendor no longer exists, no modifications of the code can be undertaken to provide the missing functionality. Operationally, the AP system might be the source for contractors, consultants and vendors, but much of the identity data may be at an entity level, rather than for individual users. Further, these users may float throughout the organization making their presence very difficult to track.

how about weird possitive responses?

here's one today after i gave someone a cdr of the autechre + wu tang mix...

"tell me more about deez mutha fuckas!"

haha, ace!

i could see that mix appealing to lots of people though. i'm gonna give it to this major wu-tang fan at work

Guest placidburp
dude dont use the term electronic music bro im going to fixate on that only and not address any of the other points in your thread bro cause the term electronic music that shits embarrassing. i have ocd and i let acronyms cause an emotional reaction in my soul

Yes I don't normally use that term but it seems the norm round these parts and its a word that most people relate artists like aphex, ae, whatever too. It does't really matter though does it?

edit: bro

a few months ago, i was in my pool swimmin' around with cap iv by ae blastin'... then my neighbor looked over the fence and said "sounds like robots fighting back there!" (but in spanish)!

a few months ago, i was in my pool swimmin' around with cap iv by ae blastin'... then my neighbor looked over the fence and said "sounds like robots fighting back there!" (but in spanish)!

is your neighbor ned flanders?

i just put the rdj album on my friends ipod so we'll see what happens

Archived