IGNORED

Matchsticks (Total Annihilation)?

Five Step Path

The track Matchsticks (or last track on the SAW2 album), seems very similar to one of the (orchestral) soundtracks of the PC game Total Annihilation. I played the game countless times when I was just a little kid so I know it like the back of my hand. I read a interview with Aphex Twin where he mentions Total Annihilation being one of his favored games. So I wonder if the game had any influence to create a track such as Matchsticks?

Here's some background of the game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Annihilation

The beginning of Next Heap With reminds me of Total Annihilation a lot.

Since SAW2 came out 3 years before Total Annihilation I'd find it hard to believe he got the inspiration for matchsticks from it...

The beginning of Next Heap With reminds me of Total Annihilation a lot.

Since SAW2 came out 3 years before Total Annihilation I'd find it hard to believe he got the inspiration for matchsticks from it...

Hah i really show read up on stuff before i make conclusions. Thanks for pointing that out!

Guest untussable

Dunno but TA's an awesome game. Probably my favorite RTS. Used to play it all the time with me mates.

Too bad it don't run on mac OSX :cry:

Dunno but TA's an awesome game. Probably my favorite RTS. Used to play it all the time with me mates.

Too bad it don't run on mac OSX :cry:

Can't you install windows on Macs now a days? I think you need bootcamp and then the Windows cd.

Archived