IGNORED

cool edit pro or adobe audition? ?

YEK

bubba nailed down imo the only amazing new feature addition in the jump from Pro to Audition

the spectral editing feature. You can draw a circle, lasso or sqaure

around the spectral graph and only ad effects to that particular spectral region

its very useful.

say if you want to do a delay/echo of a certain sound

but only the high end of the that sound, its very easy to do that

in the new audition with spectral effects edting.

As far as i know, no other wave editing or sound editing program besides Metasynth lets you do anything remotely like this

Spear let you do it, but that's discontinued...

The time stretching in Adobe Audition is technically better, but I prefer the fucked up glitchy sound of it in Cool Edit Pro.

The way I look at it, Cool Edit Pro has everything I want from a basic audio editing program. I tried Adobe Audition, never went in depth into that spectral editing stuff, but yeah, it's a lot larger, and will not work in some of the older computers I use.

there's absolutely no actual reason to stick with cool edit outside of nostalgia

wrong, adobe audition is unnecessarily bloated takes up more memory and cpu. if you are fine with what's built inside cooledit pro

there is no reason to upgrade unless you are a completist/upgrade fanatic

braintree pretty much sold me on cool edit because of the harsher time stretching point... if anyone has heard a good amount of my tracks i love to use that effect

yeah the time stretching in cooledit is amazing

anybody ever try doing the following in Cooledit Pro or Adobe Audition..

-cooledit parametric eq using values for Q length of .01 or lower and turning up the amplitude

of that particular band. If you do this with 5-6 bands you get a very pleasurable

sounding glassy harmonic ring reminds me of Oval or hecker.

-using negative values for the Hz rate in the Phasor, you can get strange

gabber like kick drums that rapid fire instead of a sweeping sine wave like

phasing

-on the 'echo' effect turning up only one band of the graphic eq and turning the rest down

with the feedback turned nearly to 99% or so will create a really

organic sounding nasty feedback tone. Makes for a pretty good dub delay

-the chorus filter is ridiculous, extremely out of control the more voices ou do.

if you crank it to like 24 voices and turn the feedback up really high with a very

slow sweep rate you get a burst of cloud synthesisesque grain particles

-someone already mentioned time stretching. What i love about the one in cooledit

is the ability to choose the stretching resolution as a Hz value.

Really slow Hz rates produce ragga jungle time stretches but insanely high ones

like 700 Hz create a very rich evolving crispy melodic pad sound. I mad an entire ambient song off Gaseous Opal Orbs using only the cooledit time stretcher.

i wish all the cooledit effects were automatable.Does the newest version

of audition let you automate all the parameters now ?

cool edit is fine, if you are using it at home and in a non-professional situation, however I use it for multi-track recording and several features in Audition are simply essential.

also, i would like a demonstration of the time stretch you feel is better in cep than audition, if you dont mind could you post an example, stretched and non stretched?

Archived