IGNORED

Autechre credited in Metroid Prime?

Guest Enter a new display name

I just beat Metroid Prime for like the 10th time and I noticed Sean Booth and Rob Brown were credited in the special thanks list. Here is the proof:

mprimecredit.jpg

Does anybody know how involved they are with this game? All I can think of is one of the songs that sounds a bit like Autechre. Here is a sample of it:

http://www.sound-test.org/soundtracks/metr...ater%20Core.mp3

The game came out in late 2002, so I think this very song could have been produced during the Confield/Draft 7.30 era, perhaps.

Guest moo duck
All I can think of is one of the songs that sounds a bit like Autechre. Here is a sample of it:
http://www.sound-test.org/soundtracks/metr...ater%20Core.mp3

it doesn't sound like autechre from my perspective, and as google says produced by Kenshi Yamamoto. so crediting McKenzie, Booth, Brown in a row means it has more about ae&h3o collab really. maybe even something without direct contact with them

Metroid Prime came out one year before æ³o & h³æ, so why are Hafler Trio and Autechre credited together then?

Guest PusillanimousRex

Maybe the dude just likes the futuristic sounds of Electronic Listening Music à la Warp, and listened to the Autechre whilst creating his interactive entertainment software?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Browsing another forum, I came across this:

I have it on good authority that Autechre were asked to provide the soundtrack to Metroid Prime before Nintendo decided to do it themselves. Now that would have been something ph34r.gif

and

sean and rob from AE get shouts in the end credits - i told sean about this and he seemed to be surprised..

warp demand ridiculous royalties for game soundtracks, so this might be a reason for the non starting.. would have been nice tho...

True or not, I was reminded of this thread.

link

Guest SyrFox

I've always found Nil sounded like something that could be on Metroid Prime's soundtrack. That's easily my favorite game ever too... awesome find.

Archived