IGNORED

I'm a Peterbilt man

beneboi

I love my guuuns looooves my guuuuns!

rednecks who drive big ass trucks full of weapons and brag about how much some idiot id stupid enough to pay him to do it

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah hehe, was referring to the guy who started the thread (thought that was pretty obvius) but here I am spelling it out

Ha, ha! I guess I fell for that one. I wish I wasn't such a dumbass with an IQ equivalent to that of retards and rodents, I should just kill myself since I'm a moron.

Guest AOOproductions

As a truck enthusiast as a child, I must say the Peterbilt are my favourite make of big rigs... although I do like the Japanese Fuso trucks as well.

This is for you joyrex

51645296.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F47004B27DB96B3CE53E9333F883D33A9FDA7F06BF04B24B4128C

Guest AOOproductions

As a truck enthusiast as a child, I must say the Peterbilt are my favourite make of big rigs... although I do like the Japanese Fuso trucks as well.

This is for you joyrex

51645296.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F47004B27DB96B3CE53E9333F883D33A9FDA7F06BF04B24B4128C

What, a broken image?

Well i guess if thats all you can see, hmmm...

Well anyways its a pic of a rly new age fuso

link: http://www.life.com/image/51645296

Bump because I got a goddam job finally. I subversively used a recruiter's number that my dad had and got him to talk to me, but now I'm going to Seattle for my orientation on the 15th, and training takes six weeks, so I get to live in Seattle for a month and a half. I'm really nervous, since I don't like big cities like I used to, and Seattle fucking terrifies me.

why does Seattle terrify you?

Thanks, abusivegeorge!

The rush traffic freaks me out a little, and I've been lost there more than once. I can usually find my way back, but getting where I need to be (in general, not just in Seattle) without getting lost is going to be a trick I may have to learn the hard way.

I always figured it would be impossible to eat healthy as a trucker, aside from it being scary driving something that huge, I think it might be fun

The biggest trick of the trade I've heard is to make your own food. My wife has a coworker whose husband drove for a few years, and he sold me a small plug-in fridge for cheap; it hooks up to the battery, and some truck companies have a space in the cab for that kind of thing, so I can keep sandwich meat and vegetables or whatever in there with me.

Thanks, abusivegeorge!

The rush traffic freaks me out a little, and I've been lost there more than once. I can usually find my way back, but getting where I need to be (in general, not just in Seattle) without getting lost is going to be a trick I may have to learn the hard way.

I always figured it would be impossible to eat healthy as a trucker, aside from it being scary driving something that huge, I think it might be fun

The biggest trick of the trade I've heard is to make your own food. My wife has a coworker whose husband drove for a few years, and he sold me a small plug-in fridge for cheap; it hooks up to the battery, and some truck companies have a space in the cab for that kind of thing, so I can keep sandwich meat and vegetables or whatever in there with me.

Surely a GPS is a must-have for any trucker these days?

Nah hehe, was referring to the guy who started the thread (thought that was pretty obvius) but here I am spelling it out

Ha, ha! I guess I fell for that one. I wish I wasn't such a dumbass with an IQ equivalent to that of retards and rodents, I should just kill myself since I'm a moron.

Hehe yes you certainly did fall for that one old yankified chummy. so moving onto more fun/interesting/important stuff. How many farts have you done thus far this week?

Surely a GPS is a must-have for any trucker these days?

That's already on my shopping list. Are there any I should stay away from? I don't want to get lost, start cursing, and then notice that the back says "Playskool".

Hehe yes you certainly did fall for that one old yankified chummy. so moving onto more fun/interesting/important stuff. How many farts have you done thus far this week?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm off in about seven hours to wait for an hour for the bus that is taking me to a terminal where I will call and wait for my hotel shuttle to pick me up and then sit in my hotel room until 6am tomorrow, when orientation begins. I hope I don't get a klepto for a roommate the one night I need to stay in a hotel.

In short, I'll see you later, watmm!

• 2 weeks later...

So my roommate turned out to be a forty-one year-old hippie type guy. He just about shit his pants when I showed up with a week of clothes; his recruiter said nothing about being on the road for six weeks.

Now I've doubled the number of states I've been in my entire life in three days, and now I'm fucking stuck in Salt Lake City until after Christmas, owing to the training course mileage limits and the end of my hours of service for the first week. Almost punched a UPS employee for asking me where I was from and if I might make it home for Christmas.

edit; Also, GPS devices aren't all set up for commercial drivers, I discovered. Some of the routes aren't designed to allow trucks that size through residential areas, among other issues (my trainer bought an $80 one, and there have been a few problems already with it). The professional driver version runs between $300 and $600, but they look cooler when they're bigger.

Archived