IGNORED

lost season 5

jedy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great episode. loved all the red herrings, so my theory is:

Richard Alpert is some sort of Egyptian royalty, who has been on the island since they built the undergound "wheel" and possibly some of the above ground temples (although those look more South or Central American in design). i always thought he looked like he was wearing eyeliner, and some Egyptians wore it so regularly it was tattooed on permanently. the huge statue briefly glimpsed was clearly Egyptian in design; from the stance of the feet, to the ankh being held in the hand, and with 4 toes on the feet, probably one of the Egyptian gods although i don't know enough about their mythology to venture a guess. most obviously we had the introduction of the ankh necklace, which is intended to throw us off i'm sure knowing the producers of this show.

overall, the time travel storyline is finally paying off, seeing Charlotte again was a great touch.

Nah, thought it was a decent episode.

I got all wet when I saw the statue, thinking that it looked a lot like the Egyptian God Anubis who was the God to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife. Then I remembered the hieroglyphs in the hatch and I was like "aaah...!" even though I had no idea what the hell was going on. Then all of a sudden the ankh symbol showed up (did anyone notice if the statue was holding the Ankh symbol in its hand? If it did then it's definitely Anubis) around that guy's neck and then Richard showed up and he obviously doesn't get any older so if we're stepping into Egyptian mythology then that's just fine by me.

EDIT:

800px-FourToedFull.jpg

It's Anubis... fo' sho!

Guest assegai

Too much Juliet and no Kate is the recipe for a bad lost episode.

605479_thumbs_down_with_clipping_path.jpg

Richard is always suave as fuck.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

worst episode so far. the ending was pure awful. did sawyer really need to explain about the 3 years thing? i think everyone got that from what horace said. "is 3 years long enough to get over someone?" end of scene. but no we're back into making tv for really dumb people (so saywer has to spend 5 minutes with a soft piano moment) who only care about romance or some dumb shit. kates back who cares. stop it!!

thats the last we'll see of the statue probably. the time jumping has stopped so maybe we'll see the toes again. seems like a tease they put in and they don't really have anywhere to go with it so thats it.

god the ending was painful. the way they all stood spread out around the van. sack th director, sack the writer.

it was alway going to be a boring detail fillign in episode and it didnt disapoint.

2 weeks till next episode so next week i'm going to play soft piano for an hour and stare at a photo of kate

fuck you lost

i liked this episode. more dharma stuff plz. clearly the ancient egyptians came from this island. they turned the wheel and found themselves in tunisia and walked east and came up to the nile and set up shop there. is alpert an ancient egyptian? he's starting to become a favourite character, suave as fuck indeed.

i like his tuck. his trousers look a little spacious in the front though.

Guest chunky

they have these birds with the hugest tits going but they just cut away or cut up the top and leave it out of the shot

whats the fucking point

its like 90's libby on neighbours and you cant see anything

no point!!

this post dedicated Robb of rob's celebrs

(R.I.P)

Hmmm... it could also be the statue of Tawaret

Taweret became seen, very early in Egyptian history, as a deity of protection in pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnant women wore amulets with her name or likeness to protect their pregnancies. Her image could also be found on knives made from hippopotamus ivory, which would be used as wands in rituals to drive evil spirits away from mothers and children.

statue01.jpg

But... the toes doesn't really look like anything human.

Guest blicero

ankh necklace, anubis statue, "Horace" (Horus) Goodspeed...

we get it.

Egypt.

I hope Kurt Russel shows up to help them get through the Stargate.

Guest awkwardsilence

Oh wow, I really like the idea of, as Azatoth said, the ancient egyptians actually originating on the island.

Is it just me though, or does the statue really look like Kate from behind? It's got the same body build, the same curviness and tone of the shoulders/arms. I mean, the more I look at it, it looks like Kate. And I'm thinking, now that we're seeing our favourite planecrash survivors as being an important element in the island's past, then why the hell couldn't it be Kate?

I bet we'll be seeing more of that statue and the whole egyptian element later on in the show.

Oh wow, I really like the idea of, as Azatoth said, the ancient egyptians actually originating on the island.

Is it just me though, or does the statue really look like Kate from behind? It's got the same body build, the same curviness and tone of the shoulders/arms. I mean, the more I look at it, it looks like Kate. And I'm thinking, now that we're seeing our favourite planecrash survivors as being an important element in the island's past, then why the hell couldn't it be Kate?

I bet we'll be seeing more of that statue and the whole egyptian element later on in the show.

Yeah, Kate is very muscular and broad-shouldered... but do you're not serious, are you? I mean, all the old Egyptian statues look like this.

Guest awkwardsilence

I'm only half-serious, and yeah, I guess you're right.

Here's a thought though: where in time and space are Sayid, Sun and Desmond? They're not with Locke and Ben at the crashed plane, and they did not teleport/timetravel and drop into the lagoon with Jack, Kate and Hurley.

sayid and sun are probably in the same time as jack, kate and hurley, only somewhere else. locke and ben seem to be in the present, whenever that means.

Guest blicero

OMG WHAT IF THEY ONLY SHOWED THE BACK OF THE STATUE BECAUSE THE FRONT HAS THE FACE OF LOCKE?!?!1!!/

Guest David R James
800px-FourToedFull.jpg

This was a pretty epic moment i thought.

It wasnt the bad episode i thought it would be after having a couple of good ones. I need to think about the epy abit more b4 i can actually say anything. And thank god the time traveling bull shit is over for now.

i'm sure i should know this but who does the (amy/horace) baby grow up to be?

Guest blicero
i'm sure i should know this but who does the (amy/horace) baby grow up to be?

I don't think we know yet... but they are 30-31 years old / Male / Caucasian / American

who fits that description?

Archived