IGNORED

BCM's jeans

Guest Idrn

plaid has always been in. for dudes button down shirts, it is either stripes or plaid. otherwise you have a solid color shirt. not a lot of wiggle room.

i do not get the skinny jeans thing though. we have a young intern here, his jeans are so skin tight it is hilarious. plus he tucks them into his retro 80s nike high tops for bonus points.

he is a nice guy though, but looks like the poster boy for what is hipster style right now. he wont be happy looking at his photos 10 years from now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, basically. Your business plaid would typically be a little less bold, or like a tattersall check or something, but yeah.

And plaid as casual attire was in in the 90s, remember. We're probably about to reach that nostalgia critical mass point, incidentally, and say goodbye to the 80s hipster revival.

IT'S NOT BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES SCINTILLI, SIRCH

Guest sirch

Men who work labor jobs have been wearing them for decades.

I think it's more these little spindly armed nerds who grow out beards and wear flannel to try and look manly.

they've become more of a fashionable, common (to see) thing over here recently.

and not the laboring/flannel/worker type.., the colorful/designer/home stores type.

I'm planing to write a novel about hipster teen love etc, and fuck guys your complaints are gold , please allow me to use them.

>> he wasn't part of the clique, never will be, the future was here, but without him. my legs are good for nothing, he thought<<

my legs would be pretty good for kicking yo' ass mufucka

Guest sirch

IT'S NOT BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES SCINTILLI, SIRCH

lol. yes i know. they were all wearing them before Scintilli came out, and still now.

saying goodbye to the 80s revival would make me very happy. that was the one decade i thought would never make a comeback. i think it has a while left though. otherwise we would be back in the 90s and then we will have pretty much caught up with ourself. i predict a late 80's aesthetic on the horizon.

64538.jpg

Guest sirch

I've just bought some lilac slim cut chinos. Lilac. Midlife crisis at 32. Fucking lilac...

Fucking Chinos...!

someone gave me a small, grey calvin klein shirt from TK MAXX that i'm pretty sure he nicked. it's just a wee bit too short so my belt shows. the jeans i'm wearing are extremely faded, verging on being white and exploded at the knees when i did a job that required casual clothes and lots of squatting. anyway, i look like a hipster right now... hipster dudes have been checking out my clothes. they're not gay because they all seem to have girlfriends. you can wear any old shit it this area and people will assume you're expressing your individuality, and then look horrified when you chuck 4 packs of salami in your basket.

hmmmmmm, they all have girlfriends.

also, hipster fashion seems to have been the same for like 10 years now???

Guest sirch

you can wear any old shit it this area and people will assume you're expressing your individuality, and then look horrified when you chuck 4 packs of salami in your basket.

lol

i'd say about half that. somewhere between 5 and 7.25 years.

Guest Mirezzi

No offense whatsoever to the folks who dig it, but I detest that shit. I have no interest in seeing the shape, contour, and texture of a man's legs - especially when stuffed into puketastic shades of blue/purple jeans.

image1xl.jpg

ptg00817873.jpg

i think it's varied slightly but the core elements have remained - plaid shirts and skinny jeans being two of the core elements.

i don't think i'm a hipster though...am i? maybe i am... i don't know what the fuck is going on in my life anymore :unsure::derp:

Guest Mirezzi

I think skinny jeans started as quasi-hipster / skater wear, but soon branched out.

Nonetheless, I dig the shirt and the shoes, BCM, so I'd still hit it.

No offense whatsoever to the folks who dig it, but I detest that shit. I have no interest in seeing the shape, contour, and texture of a man's legs - especially when stuffed into puketastic shades of blue/purple jeans.

image1xl.jpg

ptg00817873.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly where I was trying to direct my fucking vitriol re: skinny jeans. Christ, it's hideous. Even without the bullshit fake "wear" the fit is ridiculous, approximately on the level that wearing Roy Batty's spandex bike shorts in any sort of non-gymnasium/ non-cycling setting would be.

i think it's varied slightly but the core elements have remained - plaid shirts and skinny jeans being two of the core elements.

i don't think i'm a hipster though...am i? maybe i am... i don't know what the fuck is going on in my life anymore :unsure::derp:

you don't look like a hipster. you look like a man who wants to show off his knees.

I'm planing to write a novel about hipster teen love etc, and fuck guys your complaints are gold , please allow me to use them.

>> he wasn't part of the clique, never will be, the future was here, but without him. my legs are good for nothing, he thought<<

lol why mad ? my legs are not much diff. from yours...

anyways I go for the low cost H&M chino-like thing, they're fucking cheap and they don't lie to you, not tight but not baggy either, mine are worn down a bit...

post-7881-0-79436200-1339612608_thumb.jpg

sorry still have no clue how to post pic directly into the post

you don't look like a hipster. you look like a man who wants to show off his knees.

well, i did win a knobbly knees competition in my youth...

I go for the low cost H&M chino-like thing, they're fucking cheap and they don't lie to you, not tight but not baggy either, mine are worn down a bit...

post-7881-0-79436200-1339612608_thumb.jpg

sorry still have no clue how to post pic directly into the post

yeah i have a few pairs of these chino type things... one of them is from "mad house" in kingston. mad house.

also, to post pics directly into posts use imgur - upload image to imgur then right click on it and get the image URL then paste that into the add image box thing that comes up when you click on the picture icon above the posting area.

lol why mad ? my legs are not much diff. from yours...

was not serious, lol

rock on with yo' masculine self

image1xl.jpg

ptg00817873.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly where I was trying to direct my fucking vitriol re: skinny jeans. Christ, it's hideous. Even without the bullshit fake "wear" the fit is ridiculous, approximately on the level that wearing Roy Batty's spandex bike shorts in any sort of non-gymnasium/ non-cycling setting would be.

SHHHHHHHHH, goddammit don't give them any more ideas!

Archived