IGNORED

tDR Is Dead

Joyrex

Guest Computer

My heart sank after hearing that. Such sad news! They were very much and still area big inspiration on me. :cry2:

Some good covers yeah, but it seems like it could be the work of just one guy, how many guys were there? They must have had day jobs anyway, right? Freelance, baby...

I think they where very small but generally alot of design studios that are doing cool things are small. Alot of the bigger companies just produce generic crap.

TDR where kinda in the for front of graphic design for years. TDR didn't art direct wipeout, if its they where shit. Build, Universal Everything those guys I think came from TDR. A big fucking chunk of FUCKING GREAT design has just gone down the shitta.

Guest bitroast
TDR didn't art direct wipeout, if its they where shit.

? wiki says "The Designers Republic, known for its underground techno album covers, provided "visual candy" to Wipeout 3's graphics, designing the game's icons, billboards, color schemes, and custom typefaces"

this is definitely lame news though. they were so incredibly electronic music and stylish, and had some awesomeawesome cover design.

Guest moo duck

read the article. maybe this is good news instead

----I want to go back to what DR was,” he says of future plans. “Working hands-on and not through account managers. I’ve never liked that agency model - it’s not where creativity lies. DR accidentally ended up there in order to service bigger clients. I’m not being ungrateful to the people who ran the business side at DR – it wasn’t their fault. I’m glad we did it - it took getting there to make me realise that it wasn’t where I wanted to be.”----

as a design student look forward to not getting a job in design (i know several designers all with 1sts from a very nice uni, all working in comet, dominos pizza and the like)

and sad news indeed about tDR

but then i lost my job last year and no one gave a fuck so...

Responsible for a lot of the early Warp Records sleeves, they closed their doors after laying off all it's staff last week.

full on and there i was for five seconds several years go thinking that i might be a member of their uber kuel team ...

rip .. cause they made some nice directions in style wize erekqunz ..

Archived