IGNORED

80s Reverb

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

What's everyone's favorite software solution for 80s reverb?? I want my snares to sound like they're off a Sisters of Mercy track.

Guest greenbank

yamaha rx5 snare 1... (source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doktor_Avalanche - and confirmed by my ears just now). the r8 one is kinda similar though, especially if you pitch it down since it's higher and shorter. ask if ye want a pack o' rx5 samples and i can prob squeeze them on here. for reverbs (non IR verbs that is, they're always better)i haven't found anything superior to the waves ones, trueverb and Rverb but they're still not amazing. they can do passableish 80s verbs but sometimes scruffy cheap sounding reverb like freeverb2 works better for that 80s sound.

Guest hahathhat
here ye go - only 1.5 meg or so. Yamaha_RX5.zip

yamaha rx5 snare 1... (source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doktor_Avalanche - and confirmed by my ears just now). the r8 one is kinda similar though, especially if you pitch it down since it's higher and shorter. ask if ye want a pack o' rx5 samples and i can prob squeeze them on here. for reverbs (non IR verbs that is, they're always better)i haven't found anything superior to the waves ones, trueverb and Rverb but they're still not amazing. they can do passableish 80s verbs but sometimes scruffy cheap sounding reverb like freeverb2 works better for that 80s sound.

all i have is the free first version of SIR!!~ super impulse response, the name impresses me you see

anyways, i will muck about with all this and maybe post back here. thanks!!

90's chorus

lol

so i take it you achieve trendy effect from decade X by emulating the trend that superseeded it in decade X+1?

get an 80s reverb unit

lol/facepalm

i am annoyed at myself for not having thought of that one

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

one of the biggest things Ive thought about when I hear big sounding 80's style snares is how fucking crazy hard they are compressed AFTER reverb. the sound of the reverb being squashed and gated with the snare is what gives it that big sound, tweaking the dampening and eq character of the reverb for a bit and you can find what your looking for pretty easy

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Linndrum!

Archived