IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Horsey Noises EP

Guest nene multiple assgasms

anybody else think this is really UPLIFTING for a vsnares album?

1:00-1:30 of Track 3 make me feel like He-Man or something (when he said I HAVE THE POWER or AH YAH YAH YAH YAH according to my brother when he was little)

for some reason I love the part not soon after when he just has a sample of some guy saying shit out of nowhere

anybody else agree with me that it seems like he's been working on building momentum in his tracks between the fast bits? Usually when one of his tracks takes a while to get going like in Frictional Nevada or Miss Balaton, some people really like the slow bits in those tracks but I think they're boring as fuck

but yeah I love the middle 2 tracks, I just kind of wish there were more like at least as many tracks as Hospitality because it reminds me of that the most

Guest joshier

There's lots of detail v snares puts in his tracks and a lot of th stuff is hard to describe in words, so I agree with you.

Also, in some of his tracks like plunging hornets the audio snippets are actually very funny, same with herbie goes mental. he has a lot of comedy in his tracks.

the oinky part tastes kind of good btw

Filth had some ok tracks like TOILET FLUSHING SOUND but I kind of think he wanted to piss people off with that album and Horsey Noises was his serious stuff

I definitely thought Filth was going to be like Winnipeg 2 or Meathole 2 before it came out

isn't the 'giraffe fucking an elephant' clip from something halfway normal, like an episode of Family Guy? (like the voice isn't right but it seems like something the mayor would say)

btw that's my metaphor now - Aphex Twin is like the Simpsons to Vsnares' Family Guy

Edit: some tracks on Filth didn't feel filthy as much as mildewy or coated with a thin film

• 3 weeks later...
This is awful. Really bad music, its so fucking predictable sounding venetian snares, but without any of the raw energy and creativity he used to have. The second track sounds alright, I just really fucking hate his melodies and synth sounds when he tries to make a "song". He never fucking uses different scales, its always the same scale on every fucking "melodic" song he does. I fucking love his creativity and play with samples and rhythm, why doesn't he fucking do awesome shit again, I mean, is this just a huge joke!? VS, Why do you keep making songs with this dinky-ass melodic motif with these dinky-ass acid synth sounds?

wow, just saw this....

I dunno, but I wanted to bump this thread in order to reiterate that this is some seriously good shit. I have been in a love/hat relationship with this dude because he can be hit and miss... I GENEROUSLY say 50/50. But, when he is ON, he is ON, and this little EP or whatever Horsie is some of his best shit. Listen to Pig Dync all the way through. Good stuff...

okay, I'll check it out. I just remember it being retarded sounding but if you like it so much I might as well download it, since I have almost everything else he has put out.

Guest Renivatio

Well, Filth pretty much sealed it for me to stop listening to vsnares altogether...but since of all the praise here, i should check it out at least.

i can safely say this is shit even without listening to it.

i can see where you would say that, but I think a lot of thought went into this record... It doesn't seem all random and thrown together... Pig Dync man.... Pig Dync...

• 2 months later...

i bought it because for some inexplicable reason he made me his cash bitch a long time ago .,.. first impressions aren't tropospheric ... but whatever .. goes in rotation in the car .. i'll go for a long drive down the coast and see what i think ...

i hate most everything nowadays .. cause i'm just an age addled crank .. so everything sucks/where's the intresting music .. but still .. at least i can respect this guys technique and attention to detail ... there we go that's why i keep buying despite my slow degradation into a puddle of anachronism ... maybe ..who knows ..

too much wine .. time for bed .. i've got pool to shoot tonight ... pardon the negative lurching around your thread ..

First time I heard Horsey Noises I was a bit annoyed with the silly vocals...but yeah the two middle tracks are really awesome, and I've grown to like Horsey Noises and Noisers as well, including the vocals. Tight little EP.

• 2 weeks later...

just got this. its awesome. i concur with the notion that vsnares is kinda hit and miss, i have his discography floating around and i don't really know why. the last stuff of his i really loved was chocolate wheelchair and horse and goat.

what about last step, i just found this on youtube and it seems to be kinda cool, is it worth it?

Archived