• Frost/Nixon
    • Milk
    • The Reader
    • Slumdog Millionaire

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge
I was actually hoping for WALL-E getting nominated for Best Picture. It's way better than Frost/Nixon and Milk combined...

I cannot believe you just qouted Tom Jones on this forum and didn't get bitch slapped by internetz authority.

[perhaps the[shittest oscar nominated film titles ever.

edit

Can't believe I've seen none of these...

take a night off from whoring and go to the movies

huh .. go where .. ?? .. 10 dollar pop corn and annoying little fuckers making noise all the time whilst their parents laugh at the non joke laugh points and rattle around in crisp packets during the quiet bits .. where was that you were saying we should go to find ourselves more annoyed than we might otherwise be .. had we just stayed at home on the ps3 ...

The Bi Curious Case Of Bendover Bottom

fixt (can't believe you'd write the rest and then not do that .. -sie- the sate of puns these days .. )

Oh yeah and I just watched Kung Fu Panda tonight. That was fucking garbage. Utterly worthless.

true dat .. there is such a thing as more then disapointed ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

caught double feature yesterdayof the reader and milk. the reader was really slow, winslet managed to be naked and not sexy (i think it was the face or the rigidness of her) and somehow the german kid grew up into an english guy. was ralph(lol) even trying in this role? winslet joked in extras that you had to do a nazi movie to get an oscar. well she has no chance. i hope. didnt like so much. milk i enjoyed. the local history and penns really good performance. should take best actor i think- much more performance than rourke. as we left the theatre people were bawling in the audiotorium.

haven't seen doubt that'll probably sweep the board.

Doubt will win nothing, Amy Adams is cute as hell, even in nun garb but that don't win oscars, politics does........

I hope Milk does win the bp.......

but since fucking 'Slumdog' has already won the Golden Globe and the 'hearts' of the world, it will win...cheesey gimmicky bullshit with a shit ass director, Danny 'Boils' Boyles...

'Milk' is such a better film, one of the most inspirational pieces of art I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing

at least Wall-E is a shoe in for the best animated pic....

otherwise tonight will be disappointing as usual because Hollywood likes fake plastic bullshit served with a side of botox and foreskin.

Slumdog Millionaire was complete garbage. Fucking MIA on the soundtrack as I watch people living in squalor. But hey, if they're brown it's automatically interesting.

Guest MajaIloveyou
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

That sucked so hard.

Iron man was total shit too.

The curious case/hellboy 2/milk/the wrestler

totally awesome

clint eastwood's films were pretty good too.

so yeah Benjamin button was my choice

I saw like five movies this year and none really stood out. I think Gran Torino made me laugh pretty hard. That Swedish vampire movie was alright. The first hour of WALL*E was perfect, otherwise it sucked. Benjamin Button and Slumdog were both piles of shit.

yeah fuck that

at least sean penn won though.

My thoughts exactly....

Sean Penn was the essence of a character in 'Milk', never knowing about this man until seeing this film made me sad that he would be kept out of high school American history, an amazing human and story......

wonderful film as well...

Mickey Rourke is great but I don't think he was really acting in the film but just reliving bad memories, which deserves credit......

Penn deserved this one, making up for 'All The King's Men', which was horrible and oddly similar in a bizarro kind of way....

not his fault though, it was a bad film from every 'angle'.....

fuck 'Slumdog Milluhnare', I liked three other films more than this one.....

'Revolutionary Road' was strange and depressing but more interesting than SM...

'The Reader' was interesting for me in the fact that I thought Kate Winslet was great as a cold-hearted illiterate German woman, whom had help run some of the concentration camps, and learns to read later in life, while in Prision, through books recorded onto tape by her ex-lover, Fiennes, and sent to the prison she was at.....

it was an Oprah book, and now that I read what I have written about the story, the film would have sucked if Winslet and Ralph Fiennes weren't in it.....

and 'Milk', a great great film, so inspirational yet not cheesey or dumbed down for the masses, should have won, but it didn't....

oh well.........

'Frost/Nixon' and 'The Curious case of Ben's Butthole' both blew, hated them, hate Ron Howard, and fuck Fincher for becoming a cheese-ball........

he best make up for this cheese-shit-ass film with 'Rendezvous with Rama'!

yay for Wall-E!

Best kids film in forever......

first hour is amazing as well as the rest of it...

you must hate life if you hate any part of this film.....

Slumdog Millionaire was complete garbage. Fucking MIA on the soundtrack as I watch people living in squalor. But hey, if they're brown it's automatically interesting.

my friend said something to me, she said

"if they had filmed slumdog millionaire in the united states it'd be another teen romance movie that nobody liked"

and i agree enough with that.

Archived