1. 1. Best Picture

• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    • Frost/Nixon
    • Milk
    • The Reader
    • Slumdog Millionaire

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i was gonna do all the categories that matter but couldn't be arsed sorry

i'm think slumdog has it wrapped up. ticks the most boxes, benjamin button was very good but deserves best visual effects or whatever that one called. frost/nixon was very good too but isnt broad enough to win. haven't seen the other two. might see milk this week but don't give a crap about the reader

computer G take away two wrong answers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought benjamin button, while flawed, was still pretty damn good. toward the end when brad pitt was in his 30's and 20's, riding around on that motorcycle, there's no denying that he is one hot piece of man.

I plan on watching all the movies that are nominated this year (except from the documentaries and foreign movies) So far I've watched

The Visitor

Frost/Nixon

Milk

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Wrestler

Tropic Thunder

Doubt

The Dark Knight

Revolutionary Road

Changeling

The Reader

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Bolt

Kung Fu Panda

WALL-E

Slumdog Millionaire

Australia

Hellboy 2

Iron Man

Wanted

In Bruges

But I haven't watched Rachel Getting Married, Frozen River, The Duchess, and Happy Go Lucky - yet.

Benjamin Button will get 3-4 Oscars and all of them will be for visuals effects, cinematography etc etc. None of the "big ones", if you know what I mean.

Plus, I want Mickey Rourke winning for Best Actor.

Penn should win best actor. (watched milk last night, it was really well done).

Slumdog should win Best Picture.

Is it just me or are the storeis really thin in Frost/Nixon and The Reader? I haven't seen either of them, but the stories hold no interest for me at all.

In Bruges was pretty good, so was The Wrestler. I'm starting to agree with Mirezzi though, Tropic Thunder for best picture.

I'm starting to agree with Mirezzi though, Tropic Thunder for best picture.

jesus christ no. The Cable Guy deserves to win a Noble Peace Prize if Tropic Thunder deserves an Oscar

Ben Stiller deserves a time machine to go back in time and examine why everything he did post Cable guy was horrendously unfunny

Is it just me or are the storeis really thin in Frost/Nixon and The Reader? I haven't seen either of them, but the stories hold no interest for me at all.

Frost Nixon was shockingly boring on all accounts, for someone who's a huge fan of Hopkins Nixon portrayol in the Oliver Stone film i had pretty high expectations for this one. The movie was a flaming plane crash

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
Frost Nixon was shockingly boring on all accounts, for someone who's a huge fan of Hopkins Nixon portrayol in the Oliver Stone film i had pretty high expectations for this one. The movie was a flaming plane crash

no

Happy Go Lucky

really not worth watching. not funny enough or interesting enough. the only good bit is the driving instructor.

Guest tv_party
jesus christ no. The Cable Guy deserves to win a Noble Peace Prize if Tropic Thunder deserves an Oscar

yeah I think pissing on a downed powerline would have been funnier.

edit: haven't seen any of the candidates. haven't seen dark knight either but with all the hype I'm surprised it's not in there.

The Read was alright, but why Kate Winslet was nominated for her role in it is a complete mystery to me? Her german accent is awful. If anything she should have been nominated for her role in Revolutionary Road.

duh! she was naked in a whole bunch of scenes!

Yeah... that kid is one lucky bastard. I wouldn't care if Kate Winslet treated me like shit, slapped me around and yelled dirty german words at me (no matter how nasty)... I would still love her.

2nhowsl.jpg

Well she's all you'd ever want

She's the kind they'd like to flaunt and take to dinner

Well she always knows her place

She's got style, she's got grace, she's a winner.

She's a Lady. Whoa whoa whoa, she's a Lady

Talkin' about that little Lady, and the Lady is mine.

reading up on that, it seems like there are some irregularities in their pay, but they've also had their schooling paid for and trust fund for them as long as they are still in school at 18.

Archived