IGNORED

School of Seven Bells - Alpinisms

Guest zaphod

Ok, so this actually came out in october of last year but it's very good, one of the best releases of 2008 for sure. It's basically electronic tinged shoegaze/dream pop with the girl who did the vocals on A Cloud Mireya and then her sister sharing vocals and a guy from Secret Machines doing the instrumentation. Really good, catchy pop music.

Uneven, but there are some real standout tracks that make this worth listening to. I really like the track Half Asleep. It had a huge replay value for me for a few weeks.

Plus it has a cool cover

gi-81_1400.jpg

very good album. iamundernodisguise is awesome. i also really like half asleep, chain, and connjur.. they performed in atlanta recently and i decided not to go, but i should have.

• 1 month later...
Guest Phasen

This one is a real grower too. I liked it at first, but now I absolutely love it. Def in the top 3 for ghostly in 2008. Quite interesting to hear those two lovely voices over some electronic/rock goodness.

great use of autotune (I think?) in Chain :laughing:

they're awesome enough, as singers, that i wasn't sure if it was really them, or if there's some sort of vocoder/autotune going on

great use of autotune (I think?) in Chain :laughing:

they're awesome enough, as singers, that i wasn't sure if it was really them, or if there's some sort of vocoder/autotune going on

Yeah, I really love their voices, the music reminds me of a sort of more energetic Broadcast.

Autotune or not, I like the feel the effect gives to this track, it really fits and is being used in quite an original way.

wow, love that cover !

Only heard the track they did with prefuse 73... I'm gonna check this out... thanks for the heads up, it's never too late.

Archived