IGNORED

Foreign Films

Guest weed

EDIT: My friend just more or less recommended me "Inside" (À l'intérieur). He says it's the most fucked up thing he has ever watched and that it's worse than Irréversible and I really wanna watch it but no one seems to have it on sale?

Exactly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James
hey Squee, can you recommend any danish films?

Pusher I, II & III

I like Pusher, never even new there was a 2 and 3

hey Squee, can you recommend any danish films?

Pusher I, II & III

I like Pusher, never even new there was a 2 and 3

The second was a great success but a lot of people were let down by the fact that it was about a guy (Tonny from the first Pusher) who tried to change his life into something better, which of course is easier said than done. Pusher III on the other hand...

Pusher III

image.jpg

Guest David R James
EDIT: My friend just more or less recommended me "Inside" (À l'intérieur). He says it's the most fucked up thing he has ever watched and that it's worse than Irréversible and I really wanna watch it but no one seems to have it on sale?

Exactly.

That was pretty fucked up, but has anyone ever seen that 30 minute film about a a coroner who has sex with the entrails and torso of a dead women on the post morton desk? Now thats fucked up. Its an asian film of some kind i think i can recall, the production values are quite high funnily enough.

Oh man, it's been quite some time since I've seen Y Tu Mama Tambien. What a great film.

We were going to see Waltz With Bashir last night, but my friend looked up the wrong theater, and it wasn't playing at the one we went to. Has anyone seen it? It sounds pretty good.

We saw The Wrestler instead which was pretty damn moving.

Guest Dirty Protest
Naked by Mike Leigh - British, Mike Leigh's Debut

Your missing half a career there. Start with Abigails Party and then take in about 15 years worth of movies before Naked.

la belle et la bête (1946, french)

det sjunde inseglet (1957, swedish)

valerie a týden divů (1970, czech)

låt den rätte komma in (2004, swedish)

valerie a týden divů (1970, czech)

låt den rätte komma in (2004, swedish)

both of these are great

agreed on oldboy, one of my favorite movies

also

city of the lost children - france

Kin dza dza - russia

amores perros - mexico

Delicatessen - france

Mad Max - australia

Saw a korean movie called A Bittersweet Life. That was entertaining. By the guy who did A Tale of Two Sisters.

Yeah that was a decent flick. I guess I'll throw down some Korean recommendations.

By the director Kim Ki Duk

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

The Blue Door

The Isle

Bad Guy

3-iron

By Park Chan Wook:

the vengeance "trilogy" (it's not really a trilogy per se, they just all have revenge as a theme)

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Oldboy

Lady Vengeance

I'm a Cyborg but that's OK

3 Monster (which is 3 short films from 3 different Asian directors. The first 3Monster is good, but the second one is kinda blah)

Various Films:

Attack on as Gas Station

Save the Green Planet

Taegukgi Hwhinalrimyeo

These are in my to watch list:

3 Iron (this keeps getting mentioned and looks pretty interesting)

Failan

Memories of Murder

Mr Vampire

Tachigui

I watched Let the Right One In recently. That was good, probably my favorite movie of last year. I always recommend Last Life in the Universe. Really chilled out pan-asian production.

without a doubt Peter Tscherkassky's works. Outer Space is kinesthetically immense; he definitely has a handle on the physics of meta-physics.

celluloid, disintegration of sprockets, multi-faceted drafts

tscherkassky.jpg

Michael Hanake is also intriguing; he's beyond the grid. just check out Songs From the Second Floor, the Pianist or even Funny Games. ultra-contrasts and surreal intimacy.

MV5BMTgxMjc2NTc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTMxMjE3._V1._CR80,0,324,324_SS90_.jpg

These are in my to watch list:

3 Iron (this keeps getting mentioned and looks pretty interesting)

Memories of Murder

Mr Vampire

You'll like 3 Iron if you like Kim Ki Duk's style.

Memories of Murder is good. It's based on true story...there are also a lot of political metaphors which most people who aren't Koreans won't understand. I didn't get them until a friend explained them to me.

Mr. Vampire is also a great cult classic. Love that film...

Archived