IGNORED

AE tracks that are

sneaksta303

Guest Chogg

Sublimit gets a lot of praise around here and I find it to be the most irritating track on Untilted.

Just because it's long doesn't mean it's 'epic'. Sometimes it's just wank.

And well, a lot of Confield. Not that I don't like it, just that if Confield had a dick then a lot of people round these parts would suck it, when it's not that great.

Spot on. I'll even go you one further and say that confield is my least favourite album of theirs

Guest Caustic

Parhelic Triangle

LCC

Arch Carrier

Dael

Clipper

Stud.

on another note, i don't think you can get any more average than Ipacial Section.

not that good, not that bad...just okay. very, very okay.

Parhelic Triangle

LCC

Arch Carrier

Dael

Clipper

Stud.

on another note, i don't think you can get any more average than Ipacial Section.

One thing that really blows my mind about AE music is how much the die hard fans disagree about which tracks are good and which are bad.

I would consider all of those tracks to be above ae standard, personally.

Guest Caustic

If you want to show someone Ae, show Tri Rep last.

Otherwise their every complaint about other releases will be "omg it's not tri rep"

Half of their reviews are like that.

And well, a lot of Confield. Not that I don't like it, just that if Confield had a dick then a lot of people round these parts would suck it, when it's not that great.

Spot on. I'll even go you one further and say that confield is my least favourite album of theirs

Yeah, it's a shame because it starts and ends as a really great album, but is let down in the middle.

wow, i think the complete opposite of that. in my opinion it peaks in the middle!

Guest AOOproductions

With AFX and Squarepusher the term, "pisstake"... is used quite a bit. Seems to apply to those ubber noise tracks that go nowhere or even the bits by AFX. Which leads to me to the question. Has Autehcre ever done a track that just seems like it wasn't serious or was perhaps a "pisstake". It's hard to say with them because their demenor is so much more serious.

With AFX and Squarepusher the term, "pisstake"... is used quite a bit. Seems to apply to those ubber noise tracks that go nowhere or even the bits by AFX. Which leads to me to the question. Has Autehcre ever done a track that just seems like it wasn't serious or was perhaps a "pisstake". It's hard to say with them because their demenor is so much more serious.

Skewer me if you will because I know some of you "get" these tracks but I feel that way about stuff like Rettic Ac, Fol3, Bnc Castl.

Guest Chogg
Has Autehcre ever done a track that just seems like it wasn't serious or was perhaps a "pisstake".

Quaristice.

Has Autehcre ever done a track that just seems like it wasn't serious or was perhaps a "pisstake".

Quaristice.

I really like Quaristice

autechre songs and overrated in the same thread title?

i don't understand why you'd think any of their stuff is "overrated"

Guest Scrambled Ears
Parhelic Triangle

LCC

Arch Carrier

Dael

Clipper

Stud.

One thing that really blows my mind about AE music is how much the die hard fans disagree about which tracks are good and which are bad.

I would consider all of those tracks to be above ae standard, personally.

ya and id consider uviol to be one of the best tracks theyve ever done

autechre songs and overrated in the same thread title?

i don't understand why you'd think any of their stuff is "overrated"

cause youre posting on this forum?

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
Parhelic Triangle fo sho.

Totally wrong! At first I thought it was crap, but then, after months, I understood the greatness of Parhelic triangle.

Those bells under the beat that slowly transforms and decays, the subtle melody towards the end, everything works perfectly in that song.

Quaristice is overrated, hugest pisstake ever made.

Totally wrong! At first I thought it was crap, but then, after months, I understood the greatness of Parhelic triangle.

Those bells under the beat that slowly transforms and decays, the subtle melody towards the end, everything works perfectly in that song.

i don't dislike it. just overrated.

I think we need to clarify this point throughout the thread. The fact that something is overrated doesn't mean it is to be disliked.

i said that on the 1st post when i opened the thread

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Well, I think it deserves the attention it gets.

Guest AOOproductions

Skewer me if you will because I know some of you "get" these tracks but I feel that way about stuff like Rettic Ac, Fol3, Bnc Castl.

Well thats my point. I know some of you weirdos like listening to jibberish and laugh alone with your glass of scotch and joint of Hindu Kush about how your an elite few who "get" the intricacies in these pieces of shit tracks. But i can't help but feel sometimes they just start going a little to deep into nowhere with these sounds and then just say, w/e fuck it and keep just with it or in other words taking the closest thing to a "Pisstake" Autechre do.

BTW I luv auetchre even though I don't post in this sub-forum... cause its kinda gay. Even though the BOC one makes this place look amazing. But I just have some general problems with how the group functions. Please AE creepers don't take offense.

Just because it's a pisstake doesn't mean it's terrible. But it's a pisstake.

Usually pisstakes are pissy. general rule of thumb.

Archived