IGNORED

i'm worried about the economy

Alzado

seriously...it's bad out there. my clients aren't doing welll. which means i will be affected. i know lots of people who've lost jobs. i owe more on my home than it is currently worth.

no kidding, i'm afraid.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I haven't shaved in 8 months, which means I haven't been buying razors. So, I'm good.

Guest Mr Salads

Yup. My parents bought a new house for a great deal, but they are kind of regretting it now because work for my dad is really slow.

This isnt a recession; its a depression.

This country is bankrupt

Guest David R James

I lost my job, im struggling to get one, employers are getting 100% more applications now which makes it twice as hard to get the job, u apply for stacks of jobs and they dont even give u an email to tell u to fuck off. i never thought i would get to this point where i feel this depressed about my situation but it is actually quite shit. And the constant shit that flys out of over paid presenters mouths on the Tv saying 'we're all feeling it at the moment etc ect bollocks bollocks' when they know full well it aint doing shit to them.

its pretty bad here too in japan, and i only see it from the gaijin point of view. there are hardly any new english teaching jobs coming available and the ones that are there is heavy competition for them. 100's of people applying for single posts. i dont have a hope in hell against all the qualified BA teachers here.

You ain't seen nothin' yet,

B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet,

Here's something that you're never gonna forget,

B-B-B-Baby, you just ain't seen nothin' yet.

wait until a couple automakers fail. dow 3000 is coming.

my job is actually opening more stores.

i'm trying to comprehend it

the neighborhood grocery chain ive been goin to all my life and used to work at is just finishing up some huuuge renovation, i hardly even recognize the interior anymore. Makes me glad at least some places are doing well.

i am too. i recently had to find a new job after getting laid off at Macy's in jan. and after a month, Steak n Shake was the best i could do. kill me.

No way dude. Are you able to swipe steakburgers and shit? Or do they keep the food costs rigid and watch you like a hawk.

don't know yet. i did my orientation this week and my first official training day is sun. steak burgers are righteous.

i haven't lost my job yet, but i think it's close. managers are looking for excuses to get rid of people. and i just had 3 days off last week due to the flu (with medical certificates though).

i really don't understand this whole economic crisis thing, every time i try to read about it i get lost in all the corporate wank terms.

my job is actually opening more stores.

i'm trying to comprehend it

the neighborhood grocery chain ive been goin to all my life and used to work at is just finishing up some huuuge renovation, i hardly even recognize the interior anymore. Makes me glad at least some places are doing well.

i guess people still need to eat lol

btw the whole chain of albertsons is going out of business.

Guest Betty

I'm unemployed. I quit because I felt like it and I don't have a job yet because I haven't quite got round to looking for one yet. Shit is bad all over.

everyone in watmm is intelligent and capable enough to hold a job.

yet i can't believe how many people don't have a job.

yeah, they're capable enough, they just don't apply themselves. or something zole

Guest ezkerraldean

goddamn economy causing us all this trouble. why don't we just not have an economy at all? life would be so much easier

DOWN WITH ECONOMIES

yeah, they're capable enough, they just don't apply themselves. or something zole

if weed can hold down a job, so can you.

think about that!

lol

well, at my workplace the key to keeping your job is by getting down on your knees for management.

i wanna quit my job and become a professional musician zole. but that ain't gonna happen as long as i'm doing post-rock.

Guest Betty
goddamn economy causing us all this trouble. why don't we just not have an economy at all? life would be so much easier

DOWN WITH ECONOMIES

Heh, the joke is on society. When the singularity comes the only currency will be skillz.

Skillz = billz.

[/tinfoil hat]

Guest Betty
i wish i could quit my job. hey betty let's start a recording studio lol

Cooool! Is a business viable if you are your only client?

Archived