IGNORED

The Zeitgeist Movement Event NYC

Dale

Guest mrcopyandpaste
You chose to watch it

hey man, i agree with what the people on stage are saying (kind of) but the audience are being dicks. exaclty the sort of people i imagined to be there. people like that is why this thing will never take off

have they started sacrificing virgins to the sun god yet?

not yet

theyre talking about 2012 though

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's funny how an empty phrase like "resource based economy" can brainwash someone.

mr haha is so creepy.

I think it's incredibly strange for you to defend the monetary system you live in. Think a bit more and you'll find the flaws. An RBE is purely an idea to work towards. Not perfect, not a brain wash term as you put it. Again, you're encouraging the reader of your post to become hostile towards my views by calling me creepy when I am merely demonstrating new information for people to consider and investigate further.

wait... im defending the monetary system i live in? how? because i think "resource based economy" is an empty phrase? explain.

why do you assume i don't understand the addendum ideas? They're simple enough, but they have no substance (i mean the proposed solutions) at all.

im calling you creepy because you really come off as a brainwashed cult member.

Explain why I am part of a cult? There is no leader, I may sound devoted to such ideas to a certain extent but I am not 100% devoted to it as I am still learning many things. There are no religious references so your assumption appears to be quite empty to me.

You haven't really given me enough info in your post to comment any further. I have been typing paragraphs of info when countering some ones accusations towards me and all you give me are a few sentences which leaves me not much to say any further.. Why not expand upon what you mean by the ideas in Addendum that are "simple enough" but hold no substance? Give examples maybe?

too bad you can't answer any by yourself : (

True, I'm still learning a lot of things

when did i say you were part of a cult? explain.

What i mean is the resource based economy they talk about is nothing but a phrase, it goes no further than talking about how cool it would be to live in a resource based economy and how better everything will be. but they don't really get into describing this model at all not even in the simplest terms. BTW all economies are based on resources. who will do the work that has to get done in this resource based economy when there is almost no job to do. will they have to be remunerated? by who?, resources are finite and they will always be, how will this new way of thinking will deal with scarcity of resources?... this sounds familiar to you? who will work on these amazing technological breakthroughs that will make all our lives easier, who'll do the necessary research? who'll do the building?, who'll organize all these people?, will they be remunerated somehow? in a "resource based economy" will people stop trading things? because if they do having money makes this process a lot easier.

i mean there are other alternatives to our current system that have been seriously studied and even experimented with like money backed by work/hour. a resource based economy however is an empty phrase.

You chose to watch it

hey man, i agree with what the people on stage are saying (kind of) but the audience are being dicks. exaclty the sort of people i imagined to be there. people like that is why this thing will never take off

have they started sacrificing virgins to the sun god yet?

not yet

theyre talking about 2012 though

Yes and it was dismissed during their talk as irrelevant - conspiracies are completely pointless subjects to dwell on

Guest mrcopyandpaste

sense of humour says what

hey beatfanatic, you should join our red riding thread on thursday 9pm GMT

Guest beatfanatic
sense of humour says what

hey beatfanatic, you should join our red riding thread on thursday 9pm GMT

will do but what is that thread about

aww only 3 more questions

Guest mrcopyandpaste

about a program on ch4 in the uk about murders in the 70s

i guess you wont see it but maybe you could pretend to make commentary upon it

Guest mrcopyandpaste

well youre welcome just the same. the program is probably better through just listening to our commentary rather than watching the real program. you can make stoppit feel at home.

goddamn the people in this audience just want to ramble on about thier opinions

well thats that eh

good to shit in 4hours

Guest beatfanatic

trojan war - titanic - matrix - terminator - conflict - artist - blah blah blah blah - armaments - people - environment - tsunamis - hear disease - conflict- clap - clap - clap

Fortunately for them, this increase in technology is going to make it a whole lot more affordable for them to work less,

I disagree with this. Every time humans come up with a time-saving technology, it just means more time for work. Build roads? Enjoy a 2 hr commute. Build computers? Enjoy sitting in front of them all day. Technology is as much enslaving as it is liberating.

I disagree with this. Every time humans come up with a time-saving technology, it just means more time for work. Build roads? Enjoy a 2 hr commute. Build computers? Enjoy sitting in front of them all day. Technology is as much enslaving as it is liberating.

Fortunately for them, this increase in technology is going to make it a whole lot more affordable for them to work less,

I meant it mostly theoretically, but what i was getting at, is, the cheaper it is for companies to produce a product, the cheaper it will be for the consumer.

and though technology is always slow to get started, it gets more efficient the more we understand about it. Tapping out telegraphs in morse code was a huge pain in ass back in the day. Now you can make a wireless phonecall from any location you please on the same device you browse watmm and GPS your way around town. Its your own fault if you let technology "enslave" you to the extent that it has.

Its your own fault if you let technology "enslave" you to the extent that it has.

got me there. Most of our problems are of our own making. Which is why I find Mr. Maha and his ilk a bit funny. Want to escape capitalism and have more free time? Become a beach bum in Mexico or something.

Archived