IGNORED

Time to fucking re-label the genre

thehauntingsoul

idm is stupid, intelligent dance music is stupid, merck went out of business, freescha produced a britney spears song, electronic music is prime real estate for car commercials, sterile, complicated drums and clicks, faggy washed out sinewave synths, suck my dick

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think I've had a conversation that weak where people have to say "what kind of music do you listen to?" in ages.

what like when you meet new people? rules to be you.

Guest Glass Plate

I feel like a lot of people might just be trying to jump to conclusions in their conversations with people. If they don't know IDM at all, you don't say it, if they do, they don't care about the name because they know what it is.

Guest Glass Plate

How about you people say "do you know aphex twin?" first, because if they don't then you just say electronic music etc.

half the people on this forum just listen to either Death Metal or Animal Collective any ways.

most idm is quite danceable but i probably do dance like a spastic, to everything, so...

edit: my dance skills are like the special Olympics

maybe we should think about what the intelligent dance moves could be.

one could be book reading mime and you turn the page at different sections of the track

maybe we should think about what the intelligent dance moves could be.

one could be book reading mime and you turn the page at different sections of the track

air laptop!

but if any of of us were good dancers we probably wouldn't be musicians...

but that implies that we are all rampantly homosexual too

i mean who decides "i really want to be a dancer"

I know most people you talk to about IDM are not going to be open minded, I just mean when explaining it to someone who is going to be open minded.

its crazy because I've never really been able to show someone any of my music and have them enjoy it. I recently became friends with this girl who is super into electronic music, and I showed her Ae. She said 'yeah thats pretty cool' but I figured it was just a passive agreeance.

We were bussing home from a show sharing my ipod earbuds and she surprised me by asking to play some Autechre. After I finished completely ejaculating in my pants, I played montreal and further.

More and more people that I show them to lately are actually seriously digging it.

This is my only major problem in life, for the past 4 years of my life it seems, it has been impossible to actually meet someone who had similar tastes in electronic music. It really isn't part of any scene so I guess that is why... plus as I said in a thread I hate talking about music... like why I like it or some shit...

rampant homosexuality is more than implied around these parts.

yeah, i thought that while i was typing it

but there is a big difference between yearning for the warmth of Lol Alzado's embrace and "wanting to be a dancer"

but you are such a dancer ludd

*puts on vest and sweatpants*

i want to be a dancer

*ties up pumas*

i will be a dancer

Archived