IGNORED

Primus

essines

hey so maya i love primus more than you cause i understand that claypool is useless without primus and with out lalonde or alexander primus is essentially useless. also fuck manson lol him liking primus makes primus worse.

Guest Quixote

I will add (after my bashing of most of their lyrics) that Frizzle Fry is one of my top ten favorite albums of all time.

And did you know that Claypool performs on a few of Tom Wait's most awesome tracks? (Earth Died Screaming, Big In Japan, Hoist that Rag)? And that Waits is the voice of Tommy the Cat on the album?

Waits and Claypool should just make a whole album.

the fact you claim to like Primus and don't have it: retarded. fuck you

Manson listed Seas of cheese as one of his current favs when it came out.

mansontwinpeaksshirtsig.jpg

Edited by Awepittance

I will add (after my bashing of most of their lyrics) that Frizzle Fry is one of my top ten favorite albums of all time.

And did you know that Claypool performs on a few of Tom Wait's most awesome tracks? (Earth Died Screaming, Big In Japan, Hoist that Rag)? And that Waits is the voice of Tommy the Cat on the album?

Waits and Claypool should just make a whole album.

the secret track on anti pop, coattails of a dead man, is essentially a waits/primus collab, waits sings.

and c moss, i'm not mad.

none of you fuckers have mentioned how amazing Sausage is!

I love everything Primus....

some weaker songs here and there but I think they are at about 99% amazing for me...

I dislike all of the side projects by Les though, all except for one!

Sausage (Les and the original 'Primate' members, Jay Lane and Todd Huth) is amongst the best work that Les has ever done so here is some fuckin Sausage you losers!

'Riddles are Abound Tonight'

This was the only thing off of the Sausage record I could find on youtube so I guess not many folk know about it....

I saw them live in '94 with Helmet and The Rollins Band, twas one of the best shows ever!

no one here has mentioned Highball with the Devil the first Les Claypool solo album, no fans? It's an odd mixture of the production style of Tales/Pork Soda, loud reverbed drums and room sound with a little bit of a calmer more laid back feel.

what about the stuff on Swansong like M.I.R.V. ?

Atop i join you in the sasage love, i think it's one of the best primus related releases, and the reason i failed to praise them again in this thread is because i was one of the only ones to respond to the last sausage thread, i thought that was enough!

Edited by Awepittance

I need to pop in and say that about the lyrics, i lvoe claypools lyrics. their trivial, tell strange stories and just suit the weirdo that primus is. Mrs Blaileen is a wicked song btw.

Possessed was pretty fucking sick though, go a head and try it on.

Also, I'm going to check out this sausage business.

oh nice, i had no idea he was in a metal band, will check out, which album(s) should i grab?

Edited by Awepittance

Possessed was pretty fucking sick though, go a head and try it on.

Also, I'm going to check out this sausage business.

oh nice, i had no idea he was in a metal band, will check out, which album(s) should i grab?

Sorry, it wasn't Les that was in Possessed, it was Ler. But the album Seven Churches is arguably the first death metal album but regardless is a fuckin seminal metal album. He was only 17 when the album came out.

would be neat to hear some bootleg live recordings of that tour you saw them on, I figure that's the only one they ever did

I would love to hear some as well....

But you are right....

There are none to be found...

I have tried....

Sausage & Highball are both thuper thweet. I forgot to express love. sorry.

As far as possessed goes. I THINK, the "classic" album is called 7 churches (I THINK). I bought it in prob '93 when i heard larry was in it but have long since lost it. One of the major guitar mags put it in the top 10/20 death metal albums of all time. I don't remember it being all that great.

the album Seven Churches is arguably the first death metal album.

Dude, I haven't heard it but that is one hell of a claim....

I will check it out....

You better be right!

It's pretty much between that album and Death's Scream Bloody Gore.

But like i said, first or not, it was one of the albums that distinguished death from thrash. Crazy album, and it's not for everyone, especially if you're not into metal.

As far as possessed goes. I THINK, the "classic" album is called 7 churches (I THINK). I bought it in prob '93 when i heard larry was in it but have long since lost it. One of the major guitar mags put it in the top 10/20 death metal albums of all time. I don't remember it being all that great.

i guess i was typing this as essiness was typing his.

i think you'll understand it once your hear it. just go in open minded and don't think about shit. great album.

i'm gunna hafta hear this again.

i think you'll understand it once your hear it. just go in open minded and don't think about shit. great album.

I generally don't think...

i guess i was typing this as essiness was typing his.

i'm gunna hafta hear this again.

it's very raw and tempermental as it's very old. not one of the best albums now, but in it's time it was powerful. i still enjoy it from time to time.