IGNORED

Creative Z E N Mosaic

Chris Moss Acid

i got one of these today and its awesome, there was lots of reviews saying that it sounds horrible, Yeah it probally does with the headphones it comes with, but change the headphones and its awesome.

i got the 8gb version for £50 which is really good, because if it wasnt for the deal it was £48 for the 4gb.

its small and compact and most importantly it doesnt need itunes to work, just drag and drop.

i was a bit scared for the sound quality but after a quick rince of bwoon dub and sp's machines of god it sounds really nice.

does anyone else have one?

Yeah, I got a 4gb one, generally satisfied with it, although when I first got it I was pretty pissed because it didn't have drive letter access so I couldn't use foobar to copy music to it, and no way was I about to install creative's shite software. Fortunately transfers work pretty well with winamp media library, though last week I had to give it a hard reboot when it wouldn't upload or delete certain musics.

Sound is good (using it w/ sennheiser earhooks), although I wish it had a bit more headroom volume wise. The protective thingy they give you with it is pretty nice too. The only thing that bugs me is that the support website would lead one to believe that it has an FM radio, though mine definitely doesn't.

I recently got a Creative Zen M Vision for christmas, refurbished for $100. 30 gig, nice screen, no itunes, fm radio (which i never use but apparently you can record the radio too), and a built in mic. That's how i did all my vocal samples for "Blotto" because I am currently mic less...

Love it.

Yeah, I've got the same one as Sneaksta, love it. The mic is pretty good, I occasionally use it to record strange things I encounter about town.

Don't bother installing their software, last time I checked they'd made it so you had to pay extra to transfer mp3s, but it can be done through winamp or windows explorer. It takes a bit of futzing with the drivers though but it's not that difficult.

yeah, mine has no fm radio or external speaker (who cares for tinny crap speakers anyways?)

just 8gb of music

not gonna use the video or photo because whats the point, i have my psp for movies and my phone for pictures

and my zen for music

I've got a Zen X-Fi and I'm not that fond of it. Rubbish controls, useless features, unstable and crappy software. The sound, battery lifetime and screen is good though.

I've got the likkle Zen Stone for my travels to and from work, 'tis a cracking little thing.

hear hear i caught one of these for $12 or something ridiculously decent when circuit city was closing out their stores, and i must say its re-chargeable battery life works well with the aux-in in the car on the pc and i dont need some battery-guzzling-status-screen i just needs me ch00nz annoying anyone unfortunate enough to be around me in traffic

I had a Zen V (4GB) but it died a while ago, so for now I'm using my old MuVo TX again, it has 1GB which isn't enough of course.

I liked the Zen V, but it was a tad bit annoying you had to tag every mp3 file (if it didn't have a tag already that is), otherwise it wouldn't show up and be really hard to find. The upside of that was that you could just slam all your music on it without having to sort it in folders and everything, because it would sort things itself by using ID3.

I think I'm gonna get a harddisk mp3 player once, 80 or 160 gigs would be nice.

I use old second hand iRiver players from Ebay

You can get them for £30 or so

And they dont waste battery power on huge colour screens, they just have little blue LED screens and they are small enough to lose in your pocket.

Archived