IGNORED

The Mighty Boosh on adult swim.

Guest countchocula

Guest countchocula

Apparently the Mighty Boosh will be aired in America on Adult swim now. Is the show any good?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Yep, they are regulars in series 1 - and most of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is in it too

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

it started out funny. but you have to get into the world to enjoy it. 5mins isnt enough, 30mins isnt either really

Guest Gary C

I've only ever liked one episode: the Milky Joe one.

I was generally indifferent until I saw the live DVD and realised that they're actually shit.

season 1 is good. i like the format with the introduction and that it's mostly placed in the zoo. i'm half way through season 2, it's alot more absurd.

personally i found it an acquired taste but it grew on me a lot. it's comedy you have to be in the right mood for. theres quite a bit of london-only humour in the latest series - some weirdly inclusive mocking of shoreditch/camden types. i'd say it's typically english humour though, but not biting or insightful in it's 'wackiness', just occasionally try-hard. basically, it's frivolous and fun, and the pisstake is lighthearted. the aesthetic is probably the thing that makes it too. gotta love it.

fav episode: want some baileys?

I was gonna make a thread about this. Do Brits find this funny? The pirate dude, with the giant Cert over his eye, pissing in the other dude's face was the highlight of the episode I saw and I use the word highlight very loosely. And that glam dude in the shop really annoyed me.

the mighty boosh is great, I probably don't get a lot of their in jokes like idrn mentioned but I still find it great anyway, I enjoyed all the series and they're all just as good imo

granted, you have to get into this stuff a bit, but it has a lot of different 'takes' on sense of humour, something that Snuff Box and Darkplace also have, I love those shows, there's nothing quite like them

on a side note I think Darkplace and Snuff Box are some of the most brilliant comedic works of our time....will give this one a look.

Guest bitroast

LOVE DARKPLACE. never heard of snuff box.. but it has MATT BERRY. which means im gonna check it out.

"we don't even know each others names.."

"linda."

"DR SANCHEZ."

first season of mighty boosh didnt really make me laugh but i enjoyed watching it. smiling the whole way through. season 2 is also good. season 3 just felt like a lame carbon copy of 2 though :(

the radio show had me in tears, the live show is good too.

Archived