IGNORED

Are Onion Rings Magical?

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fiznuthian

most onion rings suck, especially fast food onion rings.. but there's a local fancy pants restaurant known for steaks and shit that has the BEST ever.. they hand mix their batter with some array of seasonings, garlic based i think.. all i know is they're never soggy in the middle, completely crunchy outside with juicy tender onion on the inside..

fuuck i want some now

Guest hahathhat
i always laugh at the estate agents Hotblack Dixon Co. on the Edgeware Rd

in fifth grade i was provided with a school-issue ruler manufactured by DICK SLICK COMPANY

i rubbed out the S.

Guest Betty

There's a construction company here called 'Hooker Cockram' and they're not shy about it either. Huge signs everywhere saying 'Hooker Cockram'.

Guest Iain C

There's a construction company here called 'Hooker Cockram' and they're not shy about it either. Huge signs everywhere saying 'Hooker Cockram'.

There's a small construction company here in Peterborough whose van is emblazoned with the slogan "MAKE SURE YOUR NEXT ERECTION IS IN OUR SAFE HANDS".

Angered at Temple Meads Wetherspoons recently, I stole their entire supply of condiments then threw them all over a train while cackling and doing cocaine.

It was pretty breakcore.

Guest Iain C
Angered at Temple Meads Wetherspoons recently, I stole their entire supply of condiments then threw them all over a train while cackling and doing cocaine.

It was pretty breakcore.

What did they do to upset you?

Guest Iain C

I lived above one a couple of years ago, good times. I have no shame in saying a Wetherspoons is my local, and favourite pub, when I'm in London. I like the prices and the lack of music. I fucking hate pubs with music.

Did see some epic fights though

Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

it has always baffled me why places like outback and taco bell havnt come to england.

likewise why our vast selection of chocolate bars and crisp flavours dont go to the states

I like Burger King's onion rings - they're small, bite-size (I hate chewing through a huge ring, especially if they didn't peel off enough layers of the "skin" of the onion (that silky transparent shit) that's hard to chew through.

Another moment of frustration is when you are eating an onion ring, and the whole fucking onion comes out of the crispy batter shell, like some tubeworm.

And onion rings MUST have dipping sauces - I really like them with Tzatziki sauce, myself.

Onion rings and Mozzarella sticks are my two favorite foods.

I make my own mozz sticks out of string cheese rolled in breading... yum.

Addressed in another thread but worthy of mention, Jalapeno Poppers are equally delicious.

it has always baffled me why places like outback and taco bell havnt come to england.

likewise why our vast selection of chocolate bars and crisp flavours dont go to the states

It is surprising, since Taco Bell (I think used to) be owned by the same UK-based corporation that owned (or still owns) Burger King.

That, and it's probably the closest thing to Mexican food the English will ever get over there.

I hate chewing through a huge ring

lol?

Yeah, add that to your signature too, you ponce :laughing:

Foreign goods make it here in small doses. They can usually be found in stores like World Market that stock food and other products from Europe and Asia.

My theory regarding onion rings is that people cherish places that make them well (which is rare). The majority of onion rings I have encountered either are soggy, tasteless, or don't appear to actually have a real onion in the middle.

Foreign goods make it here in small doses. They can usually be found in stores like World Market that stock food and other products from Europe and Asia.

My theory regarding onion rings is that people cherish places that make them well (which is rare). The majority of onion rings I have encountered either are soggy, tasteless, or don't appear to actually have a real onion in the middle.

I dunno where you are, but here in Texas I can go to almost any local grocer, and they will have an international foods isle(s) where you can get almost anything. I love going to my Kroger and looking at the UK food section. Heinz beans in a can (tin) with it's black and turquoise label always makes me smile for some reason.

I dunno where you are, but here in Texas I can go to almost any local grocer, and they will have an international foods isle(s) where you can get almost anything. I love going to my Kroger and looking at the UK food section. Heinz beans in a can (tin) with it's black and turquoise label always makes me smile for some reason.

Yeah, you are right. I didn't think about Grocery Stores. The local chains here have entire aisles of import foods and there are many small European, Asian, and Mexican grocery stores all over the place here.

Guest countchocula

I found that HP brown sauce everyone was raving about here in the international isle. I did not try it out of fear that it tastes like shit.

In all the restaurants Ive worked in Onion rings come frozen in a brown bag and you of course deep fry them. If they are soggy they have been sitting out too long. You have to fry and serve for good onion rings.

Hand made onion rings are very fancy.

I found that HP brown sauce everyone was raving about here in the international isle. I did not try it out of fear that it tastes like shit.

try it man! it's bloody lovely.

Archived